Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Yvette 1 year, 6 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Yvette.

Author Posts
February 26, 2019 at 1:23 pm #3245092

marcD-40

Tell us what you are trying to do?
I am trying to translate my products but since the last update I can't translate all the details anymore 🙁

Is there any documentation that you are following?
You can see the page that appears when I try to translate.

Is there a similar example that we can see?

What is the link to your site?
hidden link

February 27, 2019 at 8:14 am #3248805

Yvette
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/Madrid (GMT+02:00)

Hello

It sounds like you are expecting to see the native wordpress editor for a translated product and instead the system is directing you to the Translation Management module dashboard.

Is this a correct understanding of your issue?

If you do the following, are you able to open the editor view of the product in the main language?
- Woocomerce > Woocommerce Multilingual > Products
- Select a product to edit

Then, from this view, there is now a way to activate/deactivate the Translation Editor in the sidebar
(see image)

If you toggle this "off" then you can decide to apply it to just this product, all products, or the whole site. Once this is done, you can then access the detailed view of the translated product.

If I have NOT understood your issue, please write back with details on the steps you execute to produce the problem.

Thanks

The topic ‘[Closed] last update made all the plugin change’ is closed to new replies.