This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Tagged: 

This topic contains 9 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Shekhar Bhandari 2 weeks, 6 days ago.

Assigned support staff: Shekhar Bhandari.

Author Posts
September 3, 2019 at 8:12 pm

federicoD-16

I am trying to: Get the page to load in a reasonable time.

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: hidden link

I expected to see: The usual top notch performance I see in pretty much the same setup exluding WPML for translation management. Usually, I work with multisite.

Instead, I got: Some pages load extremely slow when WPML is activated. Upon deactivation, the page loads at expected speed.

I have the latest Betas of WPML for optimized String Translation. Additionally, I followed the indications regarding optimization mentioned in this blog. I also cleared DB for unused strings and not optimized content. All settings, memory, PHP version, etc... are green on the status page. Still, the site gets (increasingly) slow over time.

I believe the most straightforward approach is to let you look into the setup.

September 4, 2019 at 6:31 am #4508459

Shekhar Bhandari
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kathmandu (GMT+05:45)

Hello there,

Welcome to WPML support. I'd be assisting you further on this issue.

The beta is still not working in multi-sites so if you are using multi-site you should wait for the next release to test the performances.
https://wpml.org/2019/08/wpml-4-3-beta-1-with-much-faster-string-translation/

In the meantime, could you please let me know if the results that you are getting is for multisite or single site installation?

Look forward to your reply.

Thanks

September 4, 2019 at 9:22 am #4509659

federicoD-16

Hello Shekhar,

thanks for your message.

I am not working with multisite on the problematic install.

Multisite is for me a substitute of WPML, which has, up to date, proven not to affect performance.

Best regards,

September 4, 2019 at 10:41 am #4510207

Shekhar Bhandari
Supporter

Hello there,

I am trying to login to your site, but it says

Service Unavailable
The server is temporarily unable to service your request due to maintenance downtime or capacity problems. Please try again later.

Can you please check it once?

Thanks

September 4, 2019 at 1:39 pm #4511455

federicoD-16

Hello Bhandari,

thanks for your message.

I just checked and it is working. Could you please retry?

Thanks.

September 5, 2019 at 4:45 am #4515423

Shekhar Bhandari
Supporter

Hello there,

It's still showing the same error for me, can you check with your host why this 503 error is happening frequently?

Thanks

September 10, 2019 at 6:01 pm #4547957

federicoD-16

Hello Shekhar,

the hoster told me that IP addresses in Asia won´t work and recommended using a VPN.

I believe this should not be a single time issue, therefore, can you log in via VPN?

Thanks,

Alvaro

September 11, 2019 at 12:42 am #4549251

Shekhar Bhandari
Supporter

Hello there,

Yes, using VPN I can login to the site.

Could you provide me few pages link where you can see the site performance being affected? Also, it is OK to disable themes/plugins on this site to debug the issue further?

Thanks

September 23, 2019 at 2:55 pm #4625251

federicoD-16

Hello,

thanks for your email.

Generally all pages are slow, specially when logged in. This setup, Enfold + WPML is proving super problematic, are there any known incompatibilities?

Am I using the optimal setup? I am a bit confused, as there are different approaches and tipps in your blog, which also depend on the version used.

Additionally, I cant find certain strings. Scanning for strings does not solve the issue.

What else can I do? Unfortunately, i cannot use the frontend strings as I is a string which only appears when logged out. However, I changed that string in the past.

Thanks,

Alvaro
Can you help me find it? This setup, Enfold

September 24, 2019 at 1:11 am #4626963

Shekhar Bhandari
Supporter

Hello there,

Thank you for the details.

I will debug the performance issue further, but, it is OK to disable themes/plugins on this site to debug the issue further?

For the new strings issue, I would request you to open a new ticket as we only handle one issue per ticket as per our support policy. This will help us to provide you better and quick support.

Thanks

The topic ‘[Closed] Latest speed optimization status’ is closed to new replies.