This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Carlos Rojas 3 months, 4 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Carlos Rojas.

Author Posts
June 19, 2019 at 2:15 pm #4052095

martinB-74

Our site's main language is English, our blog is available in English and German.

Up until the latest Version of WPML String Translation everything was fine.
We just updated to Version 2.10.5.1 and now the string translations are broken.

Example: <?php echo get_the_date(); ?> was always correctly translated into German (19. März 2019) but after the latest update it's in English (19. March 2019)

<?php echo __("Our blog",'foundationpress');?> was always translated ("Unser Blog" in German), the string translations were set months ago, but after the latest update it only shows up in English.

Affected site: hidden link

Everything else is fine, but all template strings don't show their translations anymore.

June 19, 2019 at 10:36 pm #4055051

Carlos Rojas
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: America/Montevideo (GMT-03:00)

Hello,
Thank you for contacting WPML support.

I would like to ask you to follow this steps:
- Go to WPML -> String Translation -> Filter by 'foundationpress' domain -> If the strings are assigned to the wrong language please follow the steps described in this link: https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/string-translation/#original-language-of-strings

Could you tell me the result of the steps above?

Kind regards,
Carlos

June 19, 2019 at 11:12 pm #4055289

martinB-74

The strings are all in the correct language (English) and the German translations are also present. As I said, up until the most recent update, everything was fine, the settings did not change.

I followed your steps anyways as you asked me to, but to no avail.

What I noticed tho: When I deactivate the String Translations Plugin, get_the_date() is translated correctly again (So it displays German month names on the German site). The other template strings of course are not translated at all without the Plugin active. As soon as I reactivate String Translations, the dates are wrong again.

So the issue definitely is with the new version of String Translations (2.10.5.1).

Is there a full changelog/commit history for the latest update? Something went wrong there.

June 19, 2019 at 11:13 pm #4055313

martinB-74

Other users have the same issue:

June 20, 2019 at 6:18 am #4056863

Carlos Rojas
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: America/Montevideo (GMT-03:00)

Hi there,
Thank you very much for your message.

In this case I would like to request temporary access (wp-admin and FTP) to your site to take better look at the issue. You will find the needed fields for this below the comment area when you log in to leave your next reply. The information you will enter is private which means only you and I can see and have access to it.

Our Debugging Procedures

I will be checking various settings in the backend to see if the issue can be resolved. Although I won't be making changes that affect the live site, it is still good practice to backup the site before providing us access. In the event that we do need to debug the site further, I will duplicate the site and work in a separate, local development environment to avoid affecting the live site.

Regards,
Carlos