This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem: When adding an order from the backend, the generated confirmation mails contain the items "wcml_converted_subtotal" and "wcml_converted_total" in the body of the email.

This is a bug of WooCommerce Multilingual version 4.2.10, that only the orders created manually in the backend and the shop has multicurrency enabled.

Solution: If you want to use WCML 4.2.10 and need to create a manual order from the backend and send the mail, there is this workaround that will send the mail without this "wpml_converted" items:

Please go to wp-content/plugins/woocommerce-multilingual/inc/currencies/class-wcml-multi-currency-orders.php and replace all instances of:

wcml_converted_total with _wcml_converted_total wcml_converted_subtotal with _wcml_converted_subtotal

This will hide that fields in the mails.

This is just a temporary fix until there is a permanent solution for this.

Relevant Documentation:

This topic contains 9 replies, has 4 voices.

Last updated by martinS-75 1 year, 5 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Cristina.

Author Posts
April 24, 2018 at 11:08 am #1787244

thiloK-2

I am trying to: create a new order manually from admin panel

Link to a page where the issue can be seen:

I expected to see:
an order confirmation email without "wcml_converted_subtotal" and "wcml_converted_total"

Instead, I got:
an order confirmation email containing meta "wcml_converted_subtotal" and "wcml_converted_total" (2 times)

April 25, 2018 at 1:44 pm #1811171

Andrés
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español ) French (Français )

Timezone: Europe/Paris (GMT+02:00)

Hello there,

Welcome to WPML support forum.

Please apologize for the delay in answering. This is not usual in this forum. While one of my teammates takes care of your case I will provide you with the first debugging steps.

Your situation may be related to the following errata. Could you please create a full backup of your site and apply the solution there provided?

Errata:
https://wpml.org/errata/new-order-email-subject-shows-placeholders-instead-of-site-title-and-date-since/

Let us know if it helps.
Andrés

April 26, 2018 at 8:14 am #1826587

thiloK-2

Hi Andrés, unfortunately this solves the 'order-id' problem only. Meta "wcml_converted_subtotal" and "wcml_converted_total" show up in the email body directly under the product (not subject; see screenshot).
Thank you!
Thilo

April 26, 2018 at 10:46 am #1832464

Cristina

Hello Thilo,

the errata just solves the heading and subject, so the fields for the price are a different issue.

Could you please tell me if this manual order was done like this: You went to the shop and made a custom purchase and then sent the order confirmation mail manually from the WooCommerce Admin? Or did you try this with another method?

Did the confirmation mails work fine before that?

In case this is something triggered by an compatibility issue with another component, could you test with the actual updated version 4.2.10 if:

- the problem appears with just the theme, WooCommerce and WPML
- the problem appears as soon as another WooCommerce extension or a third party plugin is enabled?
- Could you check if this is also happening if you roll back to version 4.2.9?

In that case, I would ask you to let us see this environment and recreate the site to check for possible issues with the updated version 4.2.10, as this may be an exception in a specific situation that we did not notice before.

I am enabling the private reply box for your next answer. You could either make a thin duplicate file of the site (no cache and no media) or allow us to use a plugin to make a thin backup of it.

Kind regards,
Cristina

April 26, 2018 at 2:34 pm #1838385

thiloK-2

Hi Christina,

> Could you please tell me if this manual order was done like this: You went to the shop and
> made a custom purchase and then sent the order confirmation mail manually from the
> WooCommerce Admin? Or did you try this with another method?

Right, problems appears for orders created through the button "Add order" in WooCommerce admin.

> Did the confirmation mails work fine before that?

Yes.

> In case this is something triggered by an compatibility issue with another component,
> could you test with the actual updated version 4.2.10 if:

> - the problem appears with just the theme, WooCommerce and WPML

I deactivated all the plugins and the problem is stil there.

> - Could you check if this is also happening if you roll back to version 4.2.9?

I did a roll back and checked confirmation mail with 4.2.9. Averything ist fine. Then I updated to 4.2.10 and the problem appeared again.

> In that case, I would ask you to let us see this environment and recreate the site to check
> for possible issues with the updated version 4.2.10, as this may be an exception in a
> specific situation that we did not notice before.

Sorry, I am not allowed to grant access. I hope you are able to reproduce this with your environment.

Thanks a lot for your help!!!

April 26, 2018 at 3:14 pm #1839319

Cristina

Hello Thilo,

ok, I will try to recreate this with a clean environment and escalate it from there.

If this does not reproduce in the clean install I would ask you for details again regarding the theme and rest of installed plugins or WooCommerce extensions.

Kind regards,

Cristina

May 2, 2018 at 10:57 am #1928930

Cristina

Hallo Thilo,

just a status update on this. I could reproduce the problem in a clean install, this happens when multicurrency is enabled.

The case is escalated to the developers of the second level support and I will give feedback as soon as I have some more information regarding this.

Kind regards,
Cristina

May 3, 2018 at 1:37 pm #1958844

Cristina

Hello Thilo,

this has been escalated to the developers to consider that case of the manually created orders.

If you want to use WCML 4.2.10 and need to create a manual order from the backend and send the mail, there is this workaround that will send the mail without this "wpml_converted" items:

Please go to wp-content/plugins/woocommerce-multilingual/inc/currencies/class-wcml-multi-currency-orders.php and replace all instances of:

wcml_converted_total with _wcml_converted_total
wcml_converted_subtotal with _wcml_converted_subtotal

This will hide that fields in the mails.

This is just a temporary fix until there is a permanent solution for this.

Please tell me if that helps you in any way,

Kind regards
Cristina

May 4, 2018 at 9:53 am #1972813

thiloK-2

Hi Cristina, thank you so much for your help and good to hear, that you where able to reproduce the issue. The workaround is a good hint and works for me in the moment. Thank you and have a great weekend!

May 6, 2018 at 9:31 am #1996663

martinS-75

I also had this annoying bug but the workaround helped me (afaik).