This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 6.05 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Mihai Apetrei 3 months, 1 week ago.

Assigned support staff: Mihai Apetrei.

Author Posts
July 9, 2019 at 12:15 pm

katieN

I am trying to: change language to dutch

Link to a page where the issue can be seen:hidden link

I expected to see:hidden link

Instead, I got: The header image has changed and the spacing layout is different to what is on the original page.
Do I need to send more settings to be included in translation? I don't want layout changes only wording. Is there another way to send wording on pages and then add translated text myself to sections to prevent layout changes?

July 9, 2019 at 3:00 pm #4172193

Mihai Apetrei
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Bucharest (GMT+03:00)

Hi and thank you for contacting WPML Support!

I will be happy to help you with this.

Can you please let me know if you tried to use the Duplication functionality in the link below:
https://wpml.org/documentation/translating-your-contents/displaying-untranslated-content-on-pages-in-secondary-languages/using-content-duplication/

In case you never tried that until now, can you please try it and let me know how it goes and if it solved your issue?

Make sure to always create a full site backup before making any changes to the site.

Please let me know.

I will be waiting for your response.

Kind regards,
Mihai Apetrei