This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Tagged: 

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Yvette 1 year, 5 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Yvette.

Author Posts
May 3, 2018 at 12:10 am #1945093

davidS-153

I am trying to: translate my site

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: would post it private if possible

I started to translate my main site with WPML and had no forwarning, saw by chance that my whole layout was broken, logo replaced with theme standard logo and seemingly all CSS gone. After deactivating WPML all was fine again.

Would love to hear your thought on that?

Here is a screencast on the issue: hidden link

Best,
David

May 4, 2018 at 7:09 am #1969527

Yvette
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/Madrid (GMT+02:00)

Hello

1. Styling
For the styling, this is most likely because the custom fields that control the layout and styling have the wrong translation options and are not being transferred to the translated page.

However, I just noticed that you only have the WPML Blog subscription. To translate custom fields, you would need to upgrade your subscription (see image).

In this case, you can also do the following. Whenever you create a translation, be sure to first DUPLICATE the page (this will copy all custom fields autmatically). Then, when you edit the translation, you will be asked to "edit independently".

2. Logo
For the logo, this is probably a theme option setting that has not been translated. You would need to register this particular theme option with String Translation to have it translated to other languages or else the default value will be used.

This option also requires that you have a higher level of subscription. Then you can translate the theme contents as described here:
https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/translating-theme-options/

I hope this answers/explains your questions and experience.

The topic ‘[Closed] Layout crashed after using WPML on my site’ is closed to new replies.