This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Bruno Kos 5 months, 2 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Bruno Kos.

Author Posts
May 2, 2019 at 7:57 am

vedaL

When I translate a page the layout don't come with. See screenshots

May 2, 2019 at 10:44 am #3723887

Bruno Kos
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Zagreb (GMT+02:00)

Hi,

Thank you for contacting WPML support!

Can you tell me which page is this - show me the URL?

Regards,
Bruno Kos

May 6, 2019 at 8:51 am #3745993

vedaL

It is at hidden link

May 6, 2019 at 11:56 am #3748041

Bruno Kos
Supporter

Hi,

It seems like (according to rendered code on the page) that translation is not picking up the page builder layout or any of its shortcodes. As a quick workaround, have you considered enabling classic WordPress editor for this page only and creating the page as it is on the original? See my image on how to do this - this would be much faster solution (given the amount of the content on the page) than to send this possibly through our Compatibility team.

Regards,
Bruno Kos

May 8, 2019 at 12:45 pm #3766711

vedaL

I tried, but how do I keep the design? All our pages will be translated and we will add more pages also.

May 8, 2019 at 1:26 pm #3767229

Bruno Kos
Supporter

Hi,

Were you able to translate previous pages properly? I am suspecting that this page may have been an isolated case and that recreating manually would do and that it would be the fastest way.

I tried, but how do I keep the design?

When you create this translation manually, have you tried using the page builder in the same way you've created the original? So adding two columns and doing it all in the same way?

Regards,
Bruno Kos

May 9, 2019 at 7:47 am #3773839

vedaL

We will have tons of pages to come with more intricate design than this simple page, and use WPML so we don't have to go that route with re-creating.

May 9, 2019 at 8:29 am #3774179

Bruno Kos
Supporter

Hi,

The thing is that I checked some other pages with more complex design, such as:
hidden link
hidden link

And I see no issues with layout. I fixed this one - hidden link, but based on these other pages where the layout has copied properly, I am assuming that this page was an isolated case.

Unless there are other pages with issues I missed? If yes, can you show me these? Because if that happens more often, we could test this on a clean install and possibly escalate to our compatibility team.

Regards,
Bruno Kos

The topic ‘[Closed] Layout diappaers’ is closed to new replies.