This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 9 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Carlos Rojas 1 month, 1 week ago.

Assigned support staff: Carlos Rojas.

Author Posts
May 30, 2020 at 4:41 pm #6256647

ahmedG-5

Tell us what you are trying to do?
1- I'm using flatsome theme and I setup a child theme.
I want to translate the absolute footer, but I can't find the strings of it. I scanned the theme in the theme localization more than one time but still can't find it.
2- I can't find also the strings for the top bar menu.
3- when translating the variable products, they display on the front-end "out of stock" on the second language, although you can order and choose variation. " I used the troubleshooting tab to overcome this issue, but nothing happen.
4- Categories' thumbnails didn't display for the translated version. I tried also the troubleshoot tab but also nothing changed.

5- On the customizer of my theme, I'm enabling the option to change product image on hovering. On the translated version, this option disabled.

6- When changing the language on mobile, and a lot of times on desktop, a dark screen appear and there is no option except pressing the back key.

7- Cart and checkout page doesn't inherit the layout of the original pages.

8- A lot of times, I found a 500 internal server error. "I increased the PHP limit as required"

hidden link

June 1, 2020 at 12:26 pm #6265375

Carlos Rojas
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/Madrid (GMT+02:00)

Hello,
Thank you for contacting WPML support.

1.- I will do my best to answer all of your questions on this ticket but I will split it if necessary because there should be only one issue per ticket according to our forum's rules.

2.- I would like to request temporary access (wp-admin and FTP) to your site to take a better look at the issue. You will find the needed fields for this below the comment area when you log in to leave your next reply. The information you will enter is private which means only you and I can see and have access to it.

Our Debugging Procedures

I will be checking various settings in the backend to see if the issue can be resolved. Although I won't be making changes that affect the live site, it is still good practice to back-up the site before providing us access. In the event that we do need to debug the site further, I will duplicate the site and work in a separate, local development environment to avoid affecting the live site.

2.- Please go to Plugins -> Add new -> Commercial tab -> Update all WPML plugins to the latest version.

Also, update all outdated functionalities in the site. Outdated functionalities can cause conflicts in the code.

Kind regards,
Carlos

June 2, 2020 at 11:38 am #6273665

Carlos Rojas
Supporter

Hi there,
Thank you very much for the information provided.

1.- To translate the footer I followed these steps:
- I edited the footer in Arabic and changed the slug from 'فووتر' to 'footer-ar' because the slug in Arabic wasn't been read correctly.
- WPML -> Settings -> Custom XML Configuration -> Added the following code:

<wpml-config>
    <admin-texts>
        <key name="theme_mods_flatsome-child">
            <key name="*"/></key>
    </admin-texts>
</wpml-config>

- WPML -> String translation -> Searched for 'footer' (the slug of the footer block in English) under the 'admin_texts_theme_mods_flatsome-child' domain -> Translated it with 'footer-ar'

Now the footer is displayed correctly in both languages.

2.- The top bar strings now appear in String Translation under 'admin_texts_theme_mods_flatsome-child':
- Hours: hidden link
- Contact us: hidden link (first result)

3.- Regarding the variable products. I used 'Black Eggplant' as an example and everything is working correctly but the inventory is set to 0, that's why you are seeing the 'Out of stock' message. If you edit this product -> Go to 'Product data' section -> Inventory -> You will see that 'Stock quantity' is in 0. If you put for example: 100 and save the changes, the issue disappeared.

4.- Please describe the steps to reproduce this issue. I'm not sure I'm fully understanding it.

5.- I went to WPML -> String Translation -> Searched 'Back Image - Fade In' and translated with the same text to English.

I can see that the products (like Tomatoes) are displaying the second image on hovering. The other products might need to manually updated them or add the correspondent images.

I'm not famiiar with this functionality, that's why I can't tell how to add the images to the products to show when hovering, however you can see it's working on a few products which means that the functionality is working correctly and this behavior is not related to WPML.

6.- I haven't see this problem yet. Please try to find the steps to follow in order to reproduce the issue.

7.- I'm sorry but for this specific case I would recommend you to contact the authors of Flatsome theme and ask them what are the steps to follow in order to set the layout of the checkout page. They might provide a solution for this page or at least provide the steps to set the layout, that will allows to do the same on Arabic.

8.- Please provide more information about this.

Regards,
Carlos

June 2, 2020 at 5:05 pm #6276409

ahmedG-5

Hi Carlos,
First thanks for your help

1- Now I've translated the ""copyright" word well, but "cash on delivery" shows nothing except a small rectangular. I attached a screen of it.

2- Top bar translated well...Thanks

3- Variable product working well... Thanks

4- I attached the image of displaying a slider with the categories on the home page, after translating the categories, No category thumbnail displayed for the translated version. Although it is displaying on the English version.

5- Product image hovering...Thanks for the notice, I'll check it.

6- Dark screen on changing the language: There are no certain steps for that.
When I change the language on any tablet or mobile device, It shows a dark screen.
And it also occurs on desktop but not usual "Hint: when this happens on desktop, after pressing the back to top button, I see the page return again with no problems". I attached also a screen shot of it, as it is usually takes place.

7- Cart and checkout...Thanks for the notice, I'll check it.

8- 500 Internal server error...It is occurring now after some time of browsing or editing. It wasn't take place before.

June 3, 2020 at 12:06 pm #6283245

Carlos Rojas
Supporter

Hi,
I'm happy to hear that we are moving forward 🙂

1.- I fixed the 'Cash on delivery' issue, it wasn't being shown because in String Translation the text 'cashondelivery' that Identifies the icon was translated to 'كاش', so the system couldn't find any icon with that ID. Leaving 'cashondelivery' on both languages solved the issue.

4.- I can see that the featured image of the categories are not set in Arabic, for instance, you can see that in this category, the image is not set yet: hidden link
That is the reason why you don't see them on the front end in Arabic. Adding the images to the categories will solve the issue.

6 and 8.- I suspect that these two points might be related, but as they are completely different from the above, I kindly ask you to create a new ticket, provide the access credentials and try to describe the issue as best as possible. This way you will get a better support experience and it will help future clients to find answers while they search through the forum.

Thank you very much for your understanding!
Best regards,
Carlos

June 3, 2020 at 8:12 pm #6286907

ahmedG-5

Hi Carlos,
OK thanks for your help, I'll create another ticket

June 3, 2020 at 9:36 pm #6287517

ahmedG-5

Also, Carlos
To be on the same page for each ticket. I have some issues with other strings.

1- I'm using a plugin called "Fast support plugin". I've translated the strings of it, but can't find string of the first page of the plugin hidden link

- I tried even to open the language file of the plugin and uploaded the P.O file after translating the strings of that page on the editor but failed to make it work also.
hidden link

- This support ticket plugin has ticket categories to be defined, I've already translated it and translated also the strings of it. At first, it was displaying the categories of the ticket well, but after that the English language came on Arabic-ticket categories page and vice versa.
hidden link

- Also, I tried to translate the endpoint of it on My account page but failed to find the right string to do so.

2- I translated the strings of a plugin called "Delivery date and time" and it was displaying well at checkout except that I need to translate "AM & PM" to Arabic but can't find the strings for it. After that when going to the Arabic checkout, I can't the delivery date and time displaying there. Although it exist on English checkout version.

3- On the checkout page, I changed the error message, that appear when there is a non-filled field with a custom message with a code snippet plugin. I can't find this string to translate it. You can see it on the screen shot attached.

4- I've setup delivery areas to choose from on the checkout by "checkout field editor plugin". I translated the strings of the areas and it is displaying well. But when choosing an area and return to the cart page I can see it still in English on the Arabic version. I attached a screen of it. Beside that I changed the "shipping fee" sentence to "delivery fee" and "billing" to "Receipt" by "code snippet plugin", and I can't find the strings for translating it.

5- I want to change the translation of "coupon code" translation on the cart total or checkout to my translation instead of the automatic translation got by your plugin but can't change it.

Thanks

June 4, 2020 at 1:26 pm #6294573

Carlos Rojas
Supporter

Hi,

As these issues are different than the originals one I kindly ask you to open a new ticket for each issue with each plugin and describe step by step how to reproduce the issue, also provide the credentials to access the site in each ticket again because they will be automatically removed when this ticket is closed.

This way we will be following our forum's rule of having one issue per ticket, it will also help future clients to find solutions while searching on the forum for similar issues, and, creating a ticket for each issue will also translate in a better support experience for you.

Thank you very much for your understanding!
Best regards,
Carlos

June 4, 2020 at 4:46 pm #6297245

ahmedG-5

OK... Thanks

June 4, 2020 at 5:07 pm #6297525

Carlos Rojas
Supporter

You are welcome.

Best regards,
Carlos