This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Tagged: 

This topic contains 14 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Itamar 1 month, 3 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Itamar.

Author Posts
July 30, 2019 at 11:38 am #4307293

williamB-23

I am trying to: show a room drop down on the gallery page in all languages but its only correct in english and french the drop down room selector isn't available in the other languages.

Link to a page where the issue can be seen:

hidden link
hidden link
hidden link
hidden link

I expected to see:

hidden link
hidden link

Instead, I got:

Non showing / translated drop down room selector

July 30, 2019 at 5:57 pm #4309987

Itamar
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Hebrew (עברית )

Timezone: Asia/Jerusalem (GMT+03:00)

Hi.

I can see this issue on your site.

I suspect that this issue is happening with all the non-latin languages (Chinese, Russian, Arabic). I can see the following error when I inspect the Russian page.

Uncaught Error: Syntax error, unrecognized expression: .grid-cat-%d0%b0%d0%bf%d0%b0%d1%80%d1%82%d0%b0%d0%bc%d0%b5%d0%bd%d1%82%d1%8b-%d0%b2-%d0%b2%d0%b8%d0%bb%d0%bb%d0%b5-%d0%b0%d0%bb%d0%b5%d0%ba%d1%81%d0%b0%d0%bd%d0%b4%d1%80%d0%b0
    at Function.ea.error (jquery.js?ver=1.12.4-wp:2)
    at ea.tokenize (jquery.js?ver=1.12.4-wp:2)
    at ea.compile (jquery.js?ver=1.12.4-wp:2)
    at ea.select (jquery.js?ver=1.12.4-wp:2)
    at ea (jquery.js?ver=1.12.4-wp:2)
    at Function.ea.matchesSelector (jquery.js?ver=1.12.4-wp:2)
    at Function.n.filter (jquery.js?ver=1.12.4-wp:2)
    at z (jquery.js?ver=1.12.4-wp:2)
    at a.fn.init.is (jquery.js?ver=1.12.4-wp:2)
    at isotope.pkgd.min.js?ver=5.5.1:12

Please see the attached screenshot.
I suspect that this issue will occur with those languages even if WPML is not active.
Can you please tell me with what you creating this gallery dropdown option?
Is it a feature of your theme the Luxury Villa WordPress Theme?

Thanks,
Itamar.

July 31, 2019 at 8:24 am #4312871

williamB-23

Thanks for getting back to me.

This is a function of the Luxury Villa theme, you input the info for the gallery page on each individual property page and then the room and images is pulled into the gallery content.

Do you have any ideas on how to solve this issue? would you having WP access be advantageous?

many thanks,

Will

July 31, 2019 at 3:59 pm #4316299

Itamar
Supporter

Hi, Will.

The Luxury Villa WordPress Theme is not officially compatible with WPML and can't be found here. https://wpml.org/documentation/theme-compatibility/
Not being on this list does not mean that it is not compatible; it just means we do not know yet if it is. But according to the issue that you have, it may have some issue with non-latin languages.

To check this issue, I created a test website with a clean WordPress install. You can access it through this link:
hidden link
Through this link, you will be automatically logged in. (If nobody logs in the test site will be available for one week from today.)
I've configured this WordPress installation to be Russian. WPML is currently not active on this site.
To if the issue is happening with the theme even without WPML can you please install the theme and add the gallery and see if the issue is replicable on a clean WordPress installation in the Russian language?
If you can replicate this issue on the test site without WPML, then I think that you better get the support of the theme to help you with this issue. You can even share with them the access to this test site so they can see the issue.
If you can not replicate this issue on the test site, then please let me know.

Thanks,
Itamar.

August 5, 2019 at 9:00 am #4339147

williamB-23

Thanks Itamar,

I have done this there is a blank install of the theme. I have populated the gallery, and it looks to be working.

What is the next step?

Thanks,

Will

August 5, 2019 at 7:24 pm #4342741

Itamar
Supporter

Hi, Will and thanks for setting up things on the test site.

I'm sorry if I was not clear enough. It is not enough that the site's language is set to be Russain. To see the problem, the gallery names also need to be in Russian (non-Latin letters). But you left it in Englis. When I change it to Russian, the issue occurs. Please see the attached screenshot gallery-names.jpg. Then on the front-end, the same problem (drop-down room selector isn't available) that you have on your site happens as well. Please see the attached screenshot no-dropdown-front.jpg. You can check it here.
hidden link
The issue is happening even when WPML is not active (and never was set up) on the site.
Can you please confirm that you can see that it is not a WPML issue?
Please contact the author of the Luxury Villa theme on this issue.
hidden link

Thanks,
Itamar.

August 6, 2019 at 2:49 pm #4348709

williamB-23

Thanks Itamar, is there a way to just show the gallery heads in english on the translated pages? As an interim fix and ill contact the theme owner? thanks, WIll

August 6, 2019 at 5:36 pm #4349775

Itamar
Supporter

Hi.

I've checked things on the test site and it is possible only if you keep both the property title and gallery name in English. Please see the attached screenshot.
Please let me know if it clear.

Regards,
Itamar.

August 7, 2019 at 2:15 pm #4355901

williamB-23

Hi Itamar,

Ok, so could you explain slightly more on how to do this? Do I need to not translate the gallery page in the non latin languages and also the property titles on the property page?

Is there any chance you could do it for me if i send the worpress log ins?

many thanks for your assistance on this.

Will

August 8, 2019 at 9:45 am #4361571

Itamar
Supporter

Hi.

You ask: "Do I need to not translate the gallery page in the non latin languages and also the property titles on the property page?"
You need to keep the names of the gallery in English (but not Chinese or Arabic). And also the name of the property needs to be in English or French for that matter. Please see the attached screenshot property-title-gallery-name.jpg.

You can take a look at what I did on the test site. I'm sorry, but I can't do all the work for you. If you want I can, as an example, do it for one of your properties.

If you need further help with this, please share the access details to your site with me.
I'm enabling a private message for the next reply.

Privacy and Security Policy

We have strict policies regarding privacy and access to your information. Please see:
https://wpml.org/purchase/support-policy/privacy-and-security-when-providing-debug-information-for-support/

**IMPORTANT**

- - Please make a backup of site files and database before providing us access. --

Thanks,
Itamar.

August 12, 2019 at 5:06 pm #4382643

Itamar
Supporter

Hi, Will.

When I try your site now I get the message "Error establishing a database connection".
Please see the attached screenshot.
Can you please fix it?

Thanks,
Itamar.

August 14, 2019 at 8:16 am #4393253

williamB-23

that is fixed now Itamar.

thanks,

Will

August 14, 2019 at 9:16 pm #4397553

Itamar
Supporter

I'm sorry Will, but I still get this problem when I try to access your site.
Could you please check it again?

Note: I'll be able to reply here early next week.

Thank you for your patience.
Itamar.

August 20, 2019 at 4:29 pm #4425353

williamB-23

Hi Itamar,

the site is loading now.

thanks,

WIll

August 21, 2019 at 11:49 am #4430957

Itamar
Supporter

Hi.

I've fixed this issue by copying the two properties names 'Villa Alexandra' and 'Apartments at Villa Alexandra' into Chinese (Simplified) property name. I've done it on the Translation Editor. Please see the attached screenshots ch-ate.jpg and ch-cte.jpg. It seems like the gallery names like Living Room, Bathrooms, Kitchen, Bedrooms stayed in English, and there was no need to translate them. Please confirm that it is working here.
hidden link
Please see the attached screenshot chinese=gallery.jpg

Regards,
Itamar.