We have just released WPML 4.3.3. Before reporting issues please make sure to update - this version resolves all known issues with the major WPML 4.3 release

Hi, Amit here, I am the WPML Support Manager, our current ticket queue is high, update your WPML plugins and make sure you meet the minimal requirements for running WPML before reporting an issue please - many tickets are resolved doing that

Please look at our updated list of Known Issues and you can also use our support search to find helpful information and of course review our documentation before opening a ticket.

If you do need to open a ticket please make sure to provide us with all the needed information as described in this page

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:

Make courses available in all languages with LearnDash LMS.

Solution:

LearnDash LMS is not a compatible plugin with WPML but also we could not replicate this issue. Most of the contents can be translated like this: - Create a course, lessons, quiz, etc. - Duplicate them - Make them 'translated independently.' - Edit translated contents

Some of the contents are not copied to translated contents , and that is expected since the author mark them as 'ignored'.

Author Posts
November 3, 2017 at 3:08 pm

rony jabour

I am trying to: Make courses available in all languages, I do not need to translate courses as we already create the same courses in different languages.

Link to a page where the issue can be seen:
hidden link

I expected to see:
hidden link

Instead, I got:
Missing content. The courses can be taken only if the website is under the English flag.

November 6, 2017 at 5:30 pm #1422329

Itamar
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Hebrew (עברית )

Timezone: Asia/Jerusalem (GMT+02:00)

Hello, Roni.

Thank you for contacting the WPML support forum.

The LearnDash LMS is not a compatible plugin with WPML.
You can find the full list of our compatible plugins here.
https://wpml.org/documentation/plugins-compatibility/
But fortunately, I can see in our internal documentation that our compatibility team is working with the author of the plugin to make it compatible. I can see another issue in our forum that is similar to the issue that you get. On your site, I saw that the course that you shared the link with me is actually duplicated to the other language. So I finished the translation in the Translation Editor (simply marked it to be 100% complete) but it did not solve the problem.
So I believe that the problem that we see is a compatibility problem. Nevertheless, I've installed the Duplicator plugin on your site and made a copy of it to continue debugging that issue on my local server. In case, there I will not be able to find an immediate solution it will be required to wait for the compatibility process to be completed.

Also, could you please share your Debug information with me?
You can read a detailed explanation about it here.
http://wpml.org/faq/provide-debug-information-faster-support
The debug info will give me a lot of information about how your site is configured and will help me understand the source of the problem.

Please, could you provide me the additional info?

Regards,
Itamar.

November 9, 2017 at 10:52 am #1425711

Itamar
Supporter

Hi.

I can reproduce this problem on a clean WordPress installation.
I'm escalating this ticket to our compatibility team with all the details.
As I mentioned this plugin is going through a compatibility process, and I guess that then everything will work as it should.
Currently, I do not have an ETA for when it will be officially announced as compatible, but I'll keep you updated here about any news.

Regards,
Itamar.

November 13, 2017 at 10:03 pm #1429532

Itamar
Supporter

Hi.

The author of the LearnDash LMS says that this problem might be solved with the latest version of the plugin 2.5.
If you are not using the latest version, then please update your plugin and see if the problem gets solved.

I look forward to your reply!

Thanks,
Itamar.

November 16, 2017 at 11:26 am #1432497

Itamar
Supporter

Hi.

I'm informed that our developer who is in charge of the compatibility of this plugin says that unfortunately, the latest version of the plugin does not solve this issue.
The compatibility process is still in progress.
I'll keep you updated here.

September 18, 2018 at 4:01 pm #2745796

Itamar
Supporter

Hi there.

Update

Our compatibility developer that he cannot confirm an issue with LearnDash 2.5.6.1 and latest WPML. But he is referring to issues with manual translation.
All contents that he has tested so far can be translated.
He reminds again that the author is forcing manual translation.

All contents can be translated like this:
1. Create a course, lessons, quiz, etc.
2. Duplicate them
3. Make them 'translated independently.'
4. Edit translated contents

Some of the contents are not copied to translated contents.
And that is expected since the author marks them as 'ignored'.
We asked him to change that, but he says that it causes workflow problems.

Regards,
Itamar.

October 3, 2018 at 5:35 pm #2785403

Itamar
Supporter

Hi.

I'm closing this ticket for now. If there will be any news about the LearnDash LMS plugin, I'll let you know here.

Regards,
Itamar.