Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 15 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Itamar 4 years, 1 month ago.

Assisted by: Itamar.

Author Posts
January 13, 2020 at 8:31 am #5279897

annaL-9

Dear Team,
I am trying to sell LearnDash courses via WooCommerce (WC + WC Multilingual + Autocomplete WooCommerce Orders + LearnDash WooCommerce Integration).
This set of plugins allows me to associate a course with a product and and after purchase grant automatic access to the course.
The issue (I have tried a lot with the team from LD and they send me to you).
I need to be able to get one of this working:
1. Sell products of a language A on a site in language B with the checkout experience of a language B. So you ale on English, all is in English - but you are buying a product that grants you rights to do course in Dutch.
2. When purchasing a product in one of the languages the user gets rught to all translataion of the course associated with it.

At this moment, the user gets access rights only to the course of the language in which he has purchases, which makes me unable to sell courses in the language in which we do not have mane page in. We target multilingual customers in the Netherlands trying to offer them the course in their language, but the purchase process needs to be done from Dutch, English or Polish. Any suggestions how to make it work?

January 13, 2020 at 9:15 pm #5285559

Itamar
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Hebrew (עברית )

Timezone: Asia/Jerusalem (GMT+03:00)

Hi.

First, it is important for me to let you know that this forum is public so for the sake of your site's security, please refrain in the future to post sensitive data on a public reply.
If access is required to your site then, we enable a private message that only you and our support team can see. Otherwise, we are not allowed to access your site. For now, I've hidden the reply with the confidential information from above. Please change this sensitive login details also on your site.

The Learndash plugin is partly compatible with WPML.
https://wpml.org/plugin/learndash-lms/
The courses need to be translated manually.
But even then some of the content is not copied to translated contents.
Please see a reference for this in another forum ticket with the same issue.
https://wpml.org/forums/topic/learndash-functions-not-working-on-different-flags/

I'm waiting for an answer regarding this issue from one of our compatibility developers about this issue. When I have it I'll share it here with you.

Regards,
Itamar.

January 14, 2020 at 12:51 pm #5289695

annaL-9

Hi Itamar, I have removed the access provided earlier. If you need one let me know. As for now the workaround we found is to manually add users, so we have up to few hours delay in access rights - depending on availability of a human agent.
It is strange, as for the courses that require sight up but are free (just for logged in users) the rights are granted to all versions. Can you somehow replicate this logic to all forms of access? Grant access to all translations of the asset - in this case course and groups.

January 15, 2020 at 9:00 am #5295763

Itamar
Supporter

Hi.

I'm glad that you have found a workaround for this issue although it is not optimal for you.

Please understand that I'm not fully familiar with the LearnDash plugin so it is hard for me to debug the issue if I don't know how to set up everything to replicate the problem.

If you want our help, I can set up a test site for you where you can replicate the issue with LearnDash and then tell me how to see it.

Please let me know if you want to proceed this way?

Regards,
Itamar.

January 28, 2020 at 9:58 am #5375913

annaL-9

Hi Itamar,

If you are so kind and can set up the site it would be amazing.

What we need is:
WPML, LearnDash, WooCommerce, LearnDash Woocommerce Integration plugin.
I will be happy to set up the product and integration and write you the process we follow.

Best,
Anna

February 3, 2020 at 12:38 pm #5412715

annaL-9

Hi Itamar, can we do anything about it?

February 3, 2020 at 9:29 pm #5415763

Itamar
Supporter

Hi, Anna.

I've already added all the needed information in a private reply up here from the 29th of January.
https://wpml.org/forums/topic/learndash-sell-access-to-content-in-many-languages-from-one-language/#post-5386399
Can you see it?

For your convenience, I'm adding the information here again.
I created a test website with a clean WordPress install. You can access it through this link:
hidden link
With this link, you'll be directly logged in.

WPML +Add-ons and WooCommerce are installed but not configured.
Could you please install the LearDash plugin and the LearnDash Woocommerce Integration plugin and see if the issue is replicable on a clean WordPress installation?
(you don't need to make everything fancy. Focus on just replicating the issue.)
Please configures WPML as it is set on your site.
Please also make sure that you are installing the latest version of the and plugins.

When everything is finished, and you can replicate the problem, please let me know. And explain to me the steps to replicate the issue.

Thanks,
Itamar.

February 6, 2020 at 9:56 am #5437543

annaL-9

Hi Iman, I just saw it. Unfortunately I am not logged in . I have tried on Chrome and opera, but it doesn't work.

February 6, 2020 at 10:36 pm #5442735

Itamar
Supporter

Hi.

The link expired. I generated a new one. Here it is.
hidden link

February 6, 2020 at 10:39 pm #5442737

Itamar
Supporter

Sorry please try this link.
hidden link

February 10, 2020 at 9:53 am #5460139

annaL-9

Hi Itamar,

the settings are there.
I was unable to add all plugins as some of them are premium and we have only one licence.

So, now when you but a course on site in Dutch , thx to Woo Autocomplete (only completed orders give you automatic access), you should find you user in access group (visit course and in settings you should see the list of user, the user should be on the right). The same should happen for the course translation.

February 11, 2020 at 2:14 pm #5470027

Itamar
Supporter

Hi.

You wrote: "So, now when you but a course on site in Dutch , thx to Woo Autocomplete (only completed orders give you automatic access), you should find you user in access group (visit course and in settings you should see the list of user, the user should be on the right). The same should happen for the course translation."

On the test site, in Dutch (default language), I was able to buy a course (the only one available. When I go to the My Account page here I can see the course.
hidden link
Please see the attached screenshot.
But I don't understand where I should go to see the problem.
Where can I find the user access group?
Where can I see the list of user?
Sometimes screen-shots illustrating what you mean may go a long way to clarify what words fail to transmit, so if you like, make use of “upload an image” below the comment area

Thanks,
Itamar.

2020-02-11_16-11-38.jpg
February 24, 2020 at 8:49 am #5552299

annaL-9

Hi Itamar,

If you do the purchase from a client account (not admin), and order is autocomplete your user id should be visible in course users table.
To see it you should to to : Select course - Settings - scroll down.
The issue is that this do happens for the version in which the purchase happen, but does not for the translation of the course.

You can see this under User Enrolled in Courses
hidden link

Screenshot 2020-02-24 09.39.39.png
February 25, 2020 at 3:20 pm #5564171

Itamar
Supporter

Hi.

I'm sorry but I can't see that it works even if I purchase the course in the default language. In fact, even if I deactivate WPML and purchase the course I can't see the user in the 'Assigned Course Users' side of the table. Please see the attached screenshots.

Am I missing something?

2020-02-25_17-04-57.jpg
2020-02-25_17-13-09.jpg
February 26, 2020 at 7:47 am #5568307

annaL-9

YOu are right and I have an idea that we are getting nowhere with it.
As our site is still in construction, would you consider access it there and see it from there? Maybe I am missing some setting, but there is literally hundreds to consider.
I can also create staging version if you prefer to "have some fun" there.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.