This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by concettaM 3 weeks, 4 days ago.

Assigned support staff: Bruno Kos.

Author Posts
September 25, 2019 at 8:34 am

concettaM

I have a course translated in two languages (English – default / Italian).
I can see I am enrolled in both versions. But the progress bar in English version tracks 97% completed; in the Italian language tracks 0%.
Do the students need to choose one language and work through it for the whole course? Or can they change the language during the course and keep the same progress? If this last option is possible, please can you help me to set it?

September 25, 2019 at 9:31 am
September 25, 2019 at 9:32 am #4637245

Bruno Kos
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Zagreb (GMT+02:00)

Hi,

Ok, here is the ticket and once you get reply from Learndash support, we will see how to proceed here, whether we will manage to do something or we will need to ask our compatibility team for help.

Regards,
Bruno Kos

September 26, 2019 at 9:33 am #4645155

concettaM

Hi,
so I received the answer from Learndash. Here it is:

"We have an article that explains how the course progress is tracked within the database: hidden link

It's not tracked via regular custom fields like other custom post meta fields. To synchronize the progress is something that would require some more elaborate WPML setup which is beyond the scope of support we provide."

I hope you can help me.
Regards,
Tina M.

September 26, 2019 at 9:44 am #4645363

Bruno Kos
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Zagreb (GMT+02:00)

Hi,

I checked this documentation - from what I see, even if compatibility team provides us with a solution, I do not it will be quick or trivial.

Perhaps you should consider another way to do this, and that is to allow people only to choose either one language or another, and not switch between courses at the same time, because as they stated, each course is unique and getting the synchronization done is very complicated. It does not go through custom fields or anything similar.

In other words, if they enroll into English course, this will not be the same course it is in Italian, even though it is translated.

Regards,
Bruno Kos

September 26, 2019 at 1:22 pm #4647177

concettaM

Thank you for your support. I think would be very useful for others to know that is not possible to switch between courses at the same time tracking progress.
Regards