This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 29 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Marcos Vinicios Barreto 2 months, 4 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Marcos Vinicios Barreto.

Author Posts
July 2, 2019 at 1:30 pm

graceR

I am trying to: Access two LearnPress courses in Dutch.

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: hidden link

I expected to see: Two Dutch courses listed on the page above. They're missing. They can still be accessed directly via:

hidden link
hidden link

Instead, I got: "No Course Found" (see image attached.)

July 2, 2019 at 2:37 pm #4128023

Marcos Vinicios Barreto
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: America/Bahia (GMT-03:00)

Hello,

Thank you for contacting WPML Support. Can you please, review the WordPress Dashboard access url? I tried to access with the provided details, but it seems I don't have permission to access the wp-admin side of your website, I get a 403 forbidden message when trying to access it. A private reply is now enabled for your again, so you can safely resend these access details. Thank you for your collaboration, have a nice day.

July 2, 2019 at 2:52 pm
July 3, 2019 at 9:12 am #4133723

graceR

Hi Marcus

We're speaking to the web hosting provider to determine why you would be receiving a 403 Forbidden error message. It could be something to do with a Firewall.

We were having problems with the .htaccess file causing a 500 internal server error.
I added the code from your WPML solution here:

https://wpml.org/errata/htaccess-is-rewritten-with-language-folder/

And it fixed the 500 error.

I'm not sure if the 403 error is somehow related.

I will update you asap.

Kind Regards.

July 3, 2019 at 11:55 am #4135615

graceR

Marcus

The Web Host has come back to say access to wp-login.php is restricted.

But it's possible to whitelist your country code and/or IP Address.

If you tell me both I'll make the changes and let you know.

Kind Regards

July 3, 2019 at 1:43 pm #4137053

graceR

Marcos

We've whitelisted Brazil (BR)

Please try again.

Kind Regards

July 4, 2019 at 2:03 am #4139481

Marcos Vinicios Barreto
Supporter

Hello,

Thank you for the updates. I took a detailed look in your website and could notice the issue, it happens because you don't have a dutch translation for your course page option from your WordPress Dashboard > LearnPress > Settings > Courses settings, in this case, here are the steps you should take:

1 - In your WordPress Dashboard > WPML > String Translation click the blue link 'Translate texts in admin screens' at the bottom of the String Translation admin section.

2 - Now locate the 'learn_press_courses_page_id' option key and mark it to be translated with the WPML String Translation.

3 - Back in your WordPress Dashboard > WPML > String Translation click to locate the 'admin_texts_learn_press_courses_page_id' text domain and enter the dutch courses page id (800 in your case) for the dutch translation field, mark it as translation complete and save it.

See:

https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/string-translation/

https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/translating-theme-options/

Please, let me know if you need any additional assistance and details. Have a nice day.

July 4, 2019 at 9:27 am #4141887

graceR

Hi Marcos

We've followed your instructions and it made no difference.

Any ideas as to what to do next?

Thanks

July 4, 2019 at 2:25 pm
July 4, 2019 at 2:26 pm #4144423

Marcos Vinicios Barreto
Supporter

Hello,

Please, take a look at my private reply above. Thanks!

July 5, 2019 at 10:14 am #4150129

graceR

Hi Marcos,

Thank you very much for your kind offer of support.

I will install the theme and plugins tomorrow if that's OK with you?

Kind Regards.

July 5, 2019 at 6:55 pm #4153521

Marcos Vinicios Barreto
Supporter

Hello,

Sure, it is okay for us, just bear in mind I will be only available from monday. Thank you for your collaboration and patience. Have a nice day.

July 8, 2019 at 8:05 am #4159803

graceR

Hi Marcos

I've begun installing the theme and plugins. Will update this thread later today.

Thanks

July 8, 2019 at 6:52 pm #4165143

Marcos Vinicios Barreto
Supporter

Hello,

Thank you for the updates. Please, let me know as soon as you are ready. Have a nice day.

July 9, 2019 at 8:49 am #4168785

graceR

Hi Marcos,

Sorry for the delay, I've been struggling to migrate the website.

First I tried to migrate the website to Sandbox using Duplicator but it isn't compatible with Duplicator Pro. Duplicator Pro only accepts exports from version 3.x.x and above.

Second I installed the normal Duplicator so I was exporting from Duplicator and importing into the same version of Duplicator. But unfortunately, I couldn't import the website as Duplicator doesn't possess the "drag and drop" upload feature that Duplicator Pro does.

Third I tried the WP All-in-One Migration plugin. But after successfully exporting and importing the website it's badly malformed. Too mangled to be of any use.

So my next idea is for me to set up a test server on AWS, migrate the website and give you a login. I've done this before and it worked well.

Please let me know what you'd like me to do next.

Kind Regards