This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 13 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by Bigul 8 months, 2 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Bigul.

Author Posts
January 22, 2019 at 10:09 pm #3118273

robertL-33

We have a contact form (using Formidable) and the Arabic translations on it aren't going right-to-left like they should. It's working fine everywhere else, just not the one page. This is the page:

hidden link

Any idea why it's not working there?

January 23, 2019 at 4:30 am #3118954

Shekhar Bhandari
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kathmandu (GMT+05:45)

Hello there,

Thank you for contacting WPML support. I'd be happy to assist you further on this issue.

Are the forms working properly on all pages?

Further, the site is set as coming soon page, so couldn't test the issue properly. Could you please provide me login details so I can quickly check this?

I need to request temporary access (wp-admin and FTP) to your site in order to be of better help. You will find the needed fields for this below the comment area when you log in to leave your next reply. hidden link

These info is private, and available to you and supporters only. Read more about this: https://wpml.org/purchase/support-policy/privacy-and-security-when-providing-debug-information-for-support/

Note that:

Backup (both files and database) your site before giving us your credentials. You can use a plugin for this if you like. I often use the Duplicator plugin for this purpose.
See: http://wordpress.org/plugins/duplicator/

Duplicator instruction
hidden link

It would be better if you give me the test site rather than the live site.

If the issues needs some changes in the plugins updates/disabling we will install a plugin called “duplicator” and replicate the site in our local server for testing.

Look forward to your reply.

Thanks

January 23, 2019 at 7:12 pm #3122266

robertL-33

I'm not sure what you mean by the form working. The problem is that on English language computers, when you try to paste text into the translator box, the characters jump around. The arabic text shows as RTL in the translator. I did a screenshare with someone in Jordan who's computer was set up for arabic and english. They didn't have trouble pasting, but the text showed up LTR in the editor.

January 24, 2019 at 3:19 am #3123392

Shekhar Bhandari
Supporter

Hello there,

Would you mind attaching a few screenshots so I can better understand the issue? I was trying to ask if all the forms in RTL are not working or just one form that has this issue?

Look forward to your reply.

Thanks

January 24, 2019 at 8:49 pm #3126994

robertL-33

This form is the only one on the site. I attached a screenshot, but you should be able to see it with the login info I sent. The labels and stuff aren't right-to-left.

January 24, 2019 at 9:15 pm #3127037

robertL-33

I've attached an example here. The code on the left looks incorrect, but displays correctly on the website. I'd like to update the title of the link for the last bullet point but can't make out where I should select or paste because the formatting is off. If I open the page in Elementor, I get a similar issue.

January 25, 2019 at 3:37 am #3127776

Shekhar Bhandari
Supporter

Hello there,

The login details are not working, could you please check it.

Regarding the bullet lists, on the translation text area, could you please click on visual tap on the top right instead of text and translate it accordingly.

Let me know if this helps.

Thanks

January 25, 2019 at 6:53 pm #3130268

robertL-33

Ok, I reset the password to the one I submitted before.

January 28, 2019 at 3:42 pm #3136349

Bigul
Supporter

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello,

I am Bigul from WPML support team. Shekhar is on vacation now. So I am taking care of this ticket. Hope it will be okay for you.

Please upgrade to the latest version of Astra theme after a site backup and check the issue is existing.

Maybe you are facing this issue because of compatibility conflicts. So to make sure if possible, please do the following steps.

a) Backup your site first
b) Switch for a moment to a WordPress default theme like 2017 or Astra Parent theme
c) Deactivate all the plugins that are not related to WPML and Formidable
d) If the issue is gone, activate the plugin one by one to see with which one there is an interaction issue

--
Thanks!

Bigul

January 28, 2019 at 6:13 pm #3137173

robertL-33

I tried that, it didn't help.

January 29, 2019 at 12:15 pm #3139663

Bigul
Supporter

Hello,

Thank you for the updates. I have a request. Please allow me to make a duplicator copy of your site using the Duplicator plugin(https://wordpress.org/plugins/duplicator/) for debugging the issue on my local server.

--
Thanks!

Bigul

January 29, 2019 at 5:51 pm #3141091

robertL-33

Ok, is there something you need from me for that?

January 30, 2019 at 12:10 pm #3143751

Bigul
Supporter

Hello,

Thank you for your permission. I made a Duplicator copy of your site now. Will debug it further and get back to you soon. Please wait.

--
Thanks!

Bigul

January 31, 2019 at 11:13 am #3147528

Bigul
Supporter

Hello,

For your kind updates, it looks like an expected result from the Formidable form. The result is same when WPML is inactive.

I have deactivated WPML and set Arabic as the default language of the site(from Settings>>General>>Site Language). Then create an Arabic form, it is showing the same alignment for the form label.

Please check the attached images for more details.

--
Thanks!

Bigul