This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 11.56 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Mihai Apetrei 3 months, 3 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Mihai Apetrei.

Author Posts
June 24, 2019 at 7:28 am #4075031

alexL-45

Dear WPML,

For the license problem after i enter new license key then the auto machine is no reset the words count to 2000 words they directly start from previous license words count. Because my previous license key is for this website hidden link then jdrbet.com is second license key but it seen the words count is continue from hidden link instead of reset to new 2000 words for new license key.

Another problem that i has mentioned from previously support ticket, regarding the header and footer of this website icuci88.com is no translated. As you can see i was change the language to chinese but the header and footer still showing english hidden link

Thank You

June 24, 2019 at 4:00 pm #4078467

Mihai Apetrei
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Bucharest (GMT+03:00)

Hi and thank you for contacting WPML Support!

I will be happy to help you with this.

In our forum, we try to keep one issue per ticket so we will deal with the "2000 quota of free words for machine translation" question and may I kindly ask you to please open a new ticket for the other issues?

Also, it would be very helpful if in the new ticket that you will create you could provide more information like the exact steps you took to make the issue take place, screenshots, and links.

This will help us in our debugging process.

I can also see that you have 2 more tickets open so I don't know if they are related to the exact same header and footer issues you mentioned in this ticket, too, but my suggestion is that, if you already opened a ticket for a specific issue, please make sure that you leave that ticket open and wait for support, as opening multiple tickets for the same issue will make things move slower as your new tickets will be sent to the end of the existing tickets queue.

Continuing with one issue per ticket will also help not only supporters to focus on one issue at once, but also enables other users to find solutions to their questions faster.

Now, let's get back to your question: as it is mentioned here (https://wpml.org/documentation/translating-your-contents/advanced-translation-editor/how-automatic-translation-works/), there is indeed an available quota of 2000 free words for the machine translation functionality but it is available per account, not per site, so what you are seeing happening in your current case is the expected behavior.

I hope that you will find the link above helpful.

Please don't hesitate to come back to us whenever you have more questions about WPML and our add-ons.

We will be very happy to help!

Kind regards,

Mihai Apetrei

June 25, 2019 at 12:48 am #4080219

alexL-45

Hi,

For the 2,000 words is for one account only?
No for each license key?

June 25, 2019 at 4:57 pm #4086345

Mihai Apetrei
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Bucharest (GMT+03:00)

Hi.

The 2000 free machine translation quota is per WPML account.

I think you are referring to the key that you generate for each new site you are using WPML on (https://wpml.org/account/sites/) so in that case, yes, the 2000 words will work for any of those websites but it won't be 2000 for each of them, just 2000 in total so for example if you use 1000 in one website from that list in your WPML.org account, you are left with another 1000 to use on any other site that you add there.

I hope this explains things a bit better.

Please let me know if you still have questions regarding this.

I would be happy to help.

Kind regards,
Mihai Apetrei