Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 31 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by didierP-5 1 year, 1 month ago.

Assigned support staff: Bigul.

Author Posts
December 28, 2019 at 11:26 am

didierP-5

Hello , I have a problem with my sticky links which create redirection. I try to correct links but it changes always in sticky links.I want to stop using sticky links for optimizing my SEO. I try to use the fonction to change sticky link in permalink but nothing .

Then I have an another problem. Before I make greek language on this website but I reseat all . Now I reactive WPML and I get greek menu , and too many number of posts..; around 1000 for only 200 published. could you help me to clean all these pages ? Thanks in advance

December 30, 2019 at 7:42 am #5209813

Bigul
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello,

Welcome to the WPML support forum. I will do my best to help you to resolve the issue.

Please let me know the steps to reproduce the redirection issue, I mean the following. Because not able to reproduce the issue exactly.

I have a problem with my sticky links which create redirection

We can turn back the sticky links to permalinks by clicking the *Start* button on the bottom of the WPML>>Sticky Links page. Please check the attached image for more details and try it only after a site backup.

I have a request. Please open a new ticket for the *Greek language* issue. Because as per our support policies, we can only handle one issue per ticket. You can assign the new ticket to me by mentioning my name in the description. It will help us to serve you better and we can avoid discussing multiple problems in one ticket. Also, it will help other users with similar problems find solutions when searching the forum. Thank you for your understanding.

--
Thanks!

Bigul

2019-12-30_1245.png
December 30, 2019 at 10:01 am #5210261

didierP-5

I use broken links plug-in
I make setting with sticky links for the redirections and now the links are broken
I tried to désactivante Broken Links and make all operation with sticky links. First Analysze and second reparation and conversion without sticky links and this is the result...

Capture d’écran.png
Capture d’écran 1.png
December 30, 2019 at 12:51 pm #5211141

Bigul
Supporter

Hello,

Thank you for the updates. I have a couple of doubts. Please let me know the following for a better understanding.

1) You have set the redirection based on Sticky links and it is showing 404 error now, right?

2) How you are managing the redirection, I mean the following screen? Sorry I am not able to find it exactly in your Dashboard.

https://wpml.org/wp-content/uploads/2019/12/5210261-Capture_d_cran_1.png

--
Thanks!

Bigul

December 30, 2019 at 1:26 pm #5211401

didierP-5

Hi

I set the redirection in first with Sticky links : command Retransformer les urls collantes en permaliens but nothing happen
Secondly I used Broken Links... All the links ware with redirection ( about 250 for me)
Then I use the redirection tool of Rank math... but nothing
Now I disabled Rank math redirection broken lines and the links are broken.
Right now the redirection are provcessed only with stick y links , trying fix problems..

December 30, 2019 at 2:41 pm #5211779

Bigul
Supporter

Hello,

Thank you for the updates. Sticky links have limitations here. Because actually WPML Sticky links plugin is using for converting permalinks to sticky links and the other way around. Please check the following documentation for more details.

https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/sticky-links/

Have you used any redirection plugin for this purpose like the following?

https://wordpress.org/plugins/redirection/

Sorry, I have little confusion about the current bug. Therefore it will be great if you can share screencast/video of the problem for a better understanding. It will help us a lot. You can share it via Google Drive or Dropbox.

--
Thanks!

Bigul

December 30, 2019 at 3:06 pm #5211997

didierP-5

It's very easy . I want to stop using your sticky links and just use the URL those I used they I process links. Your tools for converting Sticky links works or not ?

December 30, 2019 at 3:26 pm #5212045

Bigul
Supporter

Hello,

Thank you for the updates. We can revert sticky URLs to permalinks. There are 110 entries in the queue now. Please try it after a site backup.

Please check the attached images for more details. Then you can deactivate WPML Sticky links plugin

--
Thanks!

Bigul

2019-12-30_2052.png
December 30, 2019 at 3:47 pm #5212273

didierP-5

The problem the sticky transformation starts after after 10-20 corrections ... it stops !!!

December 30, 2019 at 3:49 pm #5212275

didierP-5

My links are broken due the sticky links aren't be converted in permalink !!! And I need a solution.

December 31, 2019 at 5:31 am #5214757

Bigul
Supporter

Hello,

Thank you for the updates. Please increase *WP Memory Limit* to *256*(the minimum required memory limit for WPML is *128*) and make sure you can revert back the sticky URLs to permalinks. Check the following links for more details

https://wpml.org/home/minimum-requirements/

https://wordpress.org/support/article/editing-wp-config-php/#increasing-memory-allocated-to-php

If the problem exists, please share with me the URL of a couple of Post or Page having the sticky links to permalinks conversion issue.

--
Thanks!

Bigul

December 31, 2019 at 9:49 am #5215271

didierP-5

Hi Bigul

I changed setting for the WordPress Memory
Then I check all the website with stick
The scan of the files block yet around 1200 files
I check all the permalinks by Sticky Links and I corrected some of them by the hand ... but I have everytime sticky links . You can see that the menu outils (Tools) / liens Cassés / broken Link on the wordpress menu. I just restart the check with broken links plug-in and already 32 broken links and on stick links no new permalink to change...

Thanks

December 31, 2019 at 1:11 pm #5216109

Bigul
Supporter

Hello,

Thank you for the feedback. It requires further checking. So please allows me to make a duplicator copy of your site using the Duplicator plugin(https://wordpress.org/plugins/duplicator/) for debugging the issue on my local server.

--
Thanks!

Bigul

December 31, 2019 at 1:51 pm #5216197

didierP-5

No problem... I activated it for you ... Thanks in advance

January 1, 2020 at 5:27 am #5218633

Bigul
Supporter

Hello,

Thank you for your permission. I made a copy of the site now, will check it further and get back to you soon. Please wait.

--
Thanks!

Bigul