This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Dennis 8 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Dennis.

Author Posts
February 11, 2019 at 3:18 pm #3183739

zakariaO-4

I am trying to: Translate LifterLMS courses from English to Arabic but nothing happens

Link to a page where the issue can be seen:

I expected to see: a translated course

Instead, I got:
Fatal error: Uncaught TypeError: Argument 1 passed to WPML_Elementor_Register_Strings::register_strings_for_modules() must be of the type array, null given, called in /home1/stdgerma/public_html/guide/wp-content/plugins/sitepress-multilingual-cms/vendor/wpml/page-builders/src/st/compatibility/class-wpml-page-builders-register-strings.php on line 53 and defined in /home1/stdgerma/public_html/guide/wp-content/plugins/sitepress-multilingual-cms/vendor/wpml/page-builders-elementor/src/class-wpml-elementor-register-strings.php:12 Stack trace: #0 /home1/stdgerma/public_html/guide/wp-content/plugins/sitepress-multilingual-cms/vendor/wpml/page-builders/src/st/compatibility/class-wpml-page-builders-register-strings.php(53): WPML_Elementor_Register_Strings->register_strings_for_modules(NULL, Array) #1 /home1/stdgerma/public_html/guide/wp-content/plugins/sitepress-multilingual-cms/vendor/wpml/page-builders/src/st/class-page-builder-integration.php(61): WPML_Page_Builders_Register_Strings->register_strings(Object(WP_Post), Array) #2 in /home1/stdgerma/public_html/guide/wp-content/plugins/sitepress-multilingual-cms/vendor/wpml/page-builders-elementor/src/class-wpml-elementor-register-strings.php on line 12

February 12, 2019 at 9:27 am #3187482

Dennis
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Manila (GMT+08:00)

Hi,

Welcome to WPML Support forum

Does the issue persists if you create a new course and translate?

Please increase the PHP Memory Limit (your current setting is 40M). Minimum requirements are 128Mb:
https://wpml.org/home/minimum-requirements/

You can add this to wp-config.php to increase WP memory:

/** Memory Limit */
define('WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '256M');
define( 'WP_MAX_MEMORY_LIMIT', '256M' );

- Add it above the line

/* That's all, stop editing! Happy blogging. */ 

Kind regards,
Dennis

February 12, 2019 at 12:02 pm #3188283

zakariaO-4

Dear Debbis,

I tried to create a new course and translate it but after switching the course to the Arabic language I receive this message: The page isn’t redirecting properly.

I increased the memory limit as per your instructions.

Kind regards,

Semo

February 12, 2019 at 1:05 pm #3188607

zakariaO-4

Hello,

a new problem has surfaced. WPML effected the course builder of LifterLMS. as soon as the WPLM plugin is activated, I cannot add any new lesson. I think that WPLM is not fully compatible with LifterLMS. I need a solution!!

Thanks

February 12, 2019 at 2:51 pm #3189330

zakariaO-4

I added the German as an extra language and it is working. It seems like the problem only with the Arabic language!!

FYI: when I switch to the Arabic language I became a translated Permalink! is this normal?

February 13, 2019 at 2:10 am #3191531

Dennis
Supporter

Hi,

Thank you for your updates.

I would like to request temporary access (wp-admin and FTP) to your site to take a better look at the issue. You will find the needed fields for this below the comment area when you log in to leave your next reply. The information you will enter is private which means only you and I can see and have access to it.

Our Debugging Procedures

I will be checking various settings in the backend to see if the issue can be resolved. Although I won't be making changes that affect the live site, it is still good practice to BACKUP the site before providing us access.

Privacy and Security Policy

We have strict policies regarding privacy and access to your information. Please see:
https://wpml.org/purchase/support-policy/privacy-and-security-when-providing-debug-information-for-support/
Thank you.

Kind regards,
Dennis

February 14, 2019 at 6:50 am #3197658

Dennis
Supporter

Hi,

Thank you for providing us with the access details.

I tried to create a test course and I was able to translate it to Arabic.

It seems that the problem is with how the old courses was created.

Could you please try to duplicate the courses and translate them to Arabic? You can just click 'Duplicate this' when you hover into a course. (please see attached image)

It translation does work, you may just delete those old courses and replace it their duplicates.

Please let me know how it goes.

Kind regards,
Dennis