Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on this forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Osama Mersal 1 month, 3 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Osama Mersal.

Author Posts
March 25, 2021 at 1:11 am #8394671

davidB-122

Tell us what you are trying to do?
We have created a form that uses the Likert Scale field type that's implemented through the Gravity Forms Survey add-on. Although we have translated all of the strings that are recognized by WPML, and everything shows up fine on the form itself; the confirmation message is not translating the labels for the Likert rows. We have tested this with {all_fields} as well as merge tags specifically for individual Likert items. We have tested with AJAX enabled and disabled. We have tested with No Conflict Mode on and off. The result is always the same; the likert row labels are showing up in English on the Confirmation.

Is there any documentation that you are following?
No.

Is there a similar example that we can see?
If you visit hidden link and complete the form, you will notice that the fields that are Likert fields show English within their output.

What is the link to your site?
hidden link

I have looked at the GF_Field_Likert object, and noticed that it has an "inputs" property, which lists all of the rows, as well as a "gsurveyLikertRows", which also lists the rows. If I had to guess, I would assume that WPML is translating one or the other of those, but not both; and that Gravity Forms uses one of them to output the field on the form itself, and uses the other to output the label in the Confirmation/merge tags.

March 25, 2021 at 11:36 am #8398721

Osama Mersal
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Arabic (العربية )

Timezone: Africa/Cairo (GMT+02:00)

Hi,

Thanks for contacting WPML forums support. I’ll be glad to help you today.

1) I couldn't access the page because it's protected. Could you please check the string of the confirmation in WPML-> String Translation-> Scroll down to "Translate Admin Texts", and search for the strings?

2) If you didn't find them, I would need to look at your site closely. So I would need to request temporary access (WP-Admin and FTP)
– preferably to a test site where the problem has been replicated if possible –
in order to be of better help and check if some configurations might need to be changed

Your next answer will be private, which means only you and I have access to it.

❌ Please backup your database and website ❌

✙ I would additionally need your permission to de-activate and re-activate Plugins and the Theme and to change configurations on the site if needed. This is also a reason the backup is critical.

Thanks for your cooperation

Regards,
Osama

The topic ‘[Closed] Likert Row Labels Are Not Translated in Confirmations’ is closed to new replies.