This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by ciprianB-3 1 month, 2 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Radu.

Author Posts
August 27, 2019 at 9:12 pm

ciprianB-3

So i start to translate some pages
I Enter on default language (RO in our case wp-admin), so we go on pages - >edit page -> i duplicate the page and content to a specific language (IT language) than log to italian version ad click "translate independently" so in this case all pages work fine but after a while some links come with Page not found or Page not rich or The page isn’t redirecting properly error ....

August 28, 2019 at 4:51 am #4471197

Radu
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Bucharest (GMT+03:00)

Hey Ciprian,

Thank you for reaching out the WPML support!

I opened the Servicii contabilitate Bulgaria page and I could see that there's already a translation to the Italian language. Can you tell me for which language did you try to duplicate the page, please? This way I'll be able to try to do that myself and see what's going on.

Also, please add this code to the wp-config.php file:

define( 'WP_DEBUG', true );
define( 'WP_DEBUG_DISPLAY', true );
define( 'SCRIPT_DEBUG', true );
define( 'CONCATENATE_SCRIPTS', false );
define( 'WP_CACHE', false );

If there's already any code like this, just remove it and add the one I gave to you. This way, an error message should appear instead of the message from the browser. This error will lead us to the file that causes this issue.

Thanks,
Radu

August 28, 2019 at 8:30 am #4472081

ciprianB-3

Hi Radu,
Not the translation is the problem
After i translate the Romanian page Servicii contabilitate Bulgaria (after a while) to Italian or English the Romanian page Servicii contabilitate Bulgaria don't work anymore in frontend but hes translation work in frontend

Ro link - > hidden link
It Link - > hidden link

So i have paste the configs in wp-config.php but smae issue ..

August 29, 2019 at 11:02 am #4480365

Radu
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Bucharest (GMT+03:00)

Hey Ciprian,

I checked a few other pages from your website to see if this is happening only on pages that have at least a translation but it seems that the Autorizatii, avize, licente page, for example, is working very well. In this case, could you deactivate all the plugins not related to WPML, activate a default theme (like Twenty Nineteen), and tell me if this redirect issue is gone this time, please?

If things are still not working well, try to deactivate WPML too and see if anything changes. Do you remember adding any redirect rules to the .htaccess file? Maybe there's a change you made on this file that's causing this issue.

Thanks,
Radu

September 2, 2019 at 10:22 am #4496287

ciprianB-3

thanks, i wil try this ting and i will come in several houers

September 2, 2019 at 2:26 pm #4497651

ciprianB-3

So i disabled all the plugins without wmpl plugins ...i change theme to "Twenty Nineteen" .. and then i test it ... same error
also i check the .httacces file and this is all

<IfModule mod_rewrite.c>
RewriteEngine On
RewriteBase /
RewriteRule ^index\.php$ - [L]
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d
RewriteRule . /index.php [L]
</IfModule>

September 2, 2019 at 2:32 pm #4497677

ciprianB-3

My issue is resolved now. Thank you! You are one at a billion