We have just released WPML 4.3.3. Before reporting issues please make sure to update - this version resolves all known issues with the major WPML 4.3 release

Hi, Amit here, I am the WPML Support Manager, our current ticket queue is high, update your WPML plugins and make sure you meet the minimal requirements for running WPML before reporting an issue please - many tickets are resolved doing that

Please look at our updated list of Known Issues and you can also use our support search to find helpful information and of course review our documentation before opening a ticket.

If you do need to open a ticket please make sure to provide us with all the needed information as described in this page

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by robertop-5 1 year, 4 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Bigul.

Author Posts
June 19, 2018 at 2:00 pm

robertop-5

I create a staging for test.

video of error: hidden link

This happen only after update "WPML String Translation"

If necessary i can restore a backup for you.

let me know

thank you
best regards

June 20, 2018 at 3:55 pm #2425159

Bigul
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello,

Welcome to the WPML support forum. I will do my best to help you to resolve these issues.

Have you used *portfolio-articoli* as the slug for Italian and *portfolio-item* as slug English for the Portfolio post type before upgrading to the latest version of WPML String Translation? Because the default slug for the Portfolio post type is *portfolio*.

It works for me in both languages after the following steps. Please check attached images for more details and let me know your feedback.

1) Visit WPML>>String Translation
2) Delete the *URL slug: portfolio* slug of *WordPress* string domain
3) Visit WPML>>Settings, unselect *Slug translations>>Translate custom post and taxonomy base slugs (via WPML String Translation)* option and save the settings
4) Scroll down to *Post Types Translation* and save the settings
5) Select *Slug translations>>Translate custom post and taxonomy base slugs (via WPML String Translation)* option again and save the settings
6) Scroll down to *Post Types Translation* and save the settings
7) Visit WPML>>String Translation and change the English slug of Post type to *portfolio*
8) It works as expected in both languages
9) Visit WPML>>String Translation and change the English slug of Post type to *portfolio-item*
10) It works as expected in both languages

--
Thanks!

Bigul

June 27, 2018 at 3:45 pm #2439105

robertop-5

thank you very much for your support!