This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by robertop-5 1 year, 3 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Bigul.

Author Posts
June 19, 2018 at 2:00 pm

robertop-5

I create a staging for test.

video of error: hidden link

This happen only after update "WPML String Translation"

If necessary i can restore a backup for you.

let me know

thank you
best regards

June 20, 2018 at 3:55 pm #2425159

Bigul
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello,

Welcome to the WPML support forum. I will do my best to help you to resolve these issues.

Have you used *portfolio-articoli* as the slug for Italian and *portfolio-item* as slug English for the Portfolio post type before upgrading to the latest version of WPML String Translation? Because the default slug for the Portfolio post type is *portfolio*.

It works for me in both languages after the following steps. Please check attached images for more details and let me know your feedback.

1) Visit WPML>>String Translation
2) Delete the *URL slug: portfolio* slug of *WordPress* string domain
3) Visit WPML>>Settings, unselect *Slug translations>>Translate custom post and taxonomy base slugs (via WPML String Translation)* option and save the settings
4) Scroll down to *Post Types Translation* and save the settings
5) Select *Slug translations>>Translate custom post and taxonomy base slugs (via WPML String Translation)* option again and save the settings
6) Scroll down to *Post Types Translation* and save the settings
7) Visit WPML>>String Translation and change the English slug of Post type to *portfolio*
8) It works as expected in both languages
9) Visit WPML>>String Translation and change the English slug of Post type to *portfolio-item*
10) It works as expected in both languages

--
Thanks!

Bigul

June 27, 2018 at 3:45 pm #2439105

robertop-5

thank you very much for your support!