Please make sure to update to WPML to the latest and check our list of Known Issues before reporting

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 4.99 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by andreW-12 3 months, 1 week ago.

Assigned support staff: Marcel.

Author Posts
November 11, 2019 at 5:42 pm #4927045

andreW-12

Tell us what you are trying to do?
Translate the page and now WPML translates the link in the buttons and it will not work because these are shortened links with plugin pretty links.
Is there any documentation that you are following?
How can I stop WPML from translating these direct links for outgoing sites?
Is there a similar example that we can see?

What is the link to your site?
hidden link

November 12, 2019 at 2:18 pm #4932337

Marcel
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) German (Deutsch )

Timezone: Europe/Madrid (GMT+01:00)

Hi,

Thank you for contacting WPML Support.

I didn't find any information about the Pretty Links plugin, as it was not tested yet. Could you please try to reproduce the issue on this isolates Sandbox environment?

hidden link
Please let me know, if yes I can escalate it to our compatibility team which will try to find a workarond for it or contact the plugin author if needed.

Best Marcel

November 12, 2019 at 5:19 pm #4933767

andreW-12

Hello,

I could not finish the setup because I can not use automatic translation.

Regards

November 21, 2019 at 11:35 pm #4993659

andreW-12

Hello,

I think it is not an issue but normal. I tested it with other translations and in some languages, the outgoing pretty link is translated but this do not have to happen. So I need to change the links in other words that are not translated by the plugin. It should work.