This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Bernat Torras 2 years, 10 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Bernat Torras.

Author Posts
May 31, 2017 at 3:20 pm #1288580

ralfG

Links don't work properly any longer. Until 4p.m. all worked fine.
When we click our buttons that should lead to subpages, the link lead to the subpage but to a different language version.
It's correctly edited in WP.
We can only think that it is a WPML problem.
Please help. We have people register for our retreat and today is the end of our early bird rate.
hidden link

Example:
Page: hidden link - when clicking on first button: "Register now for onsite registration" (Link: hidden link) the goal is hidden link.

Thank you!

June 2, 2017 at 7:29 am #1289915

Bernat Torras

Hi @ralfg,

Thanks for contacting support, I'll do my best to help you with this! 🙂

Before diving deeper on your issue, could you please answer us these questions?

1- Is it happening only with this page?

2- If you open the page link through the backend editor, it does the same redirection?

3- Can you try to save the original and translated page again and check if the issue persist?

4- Can you try to update your permalinks structure in Settings>Permalinks (don't need to change anything, just save again) and check if the issue persist?

5- Can you try to go to WPML>Support>Troubleshooting and click the buttons highlighted in the attached screenshot to see if the issue gets solved?

Let us know the results.

Thanks,
Bernat

June 2, 2017 at 7:55 am #1289938

ralfG

Hi @ralfg,
Hi Bernat,

Thanks for contacting support, I'll do my best to help you with this! ?
Thank you. We appreciate this! 🙂

Before diving deeper on your issue, could you please answer us these questions?

1- Is it happening only with this page?
No, it is happening in various pages and ways.
On some pages the backend links for buttons or menu items are set correctly but when clicking on the frontend link, it sends us to a wrong destination.
On other pages the links are correct but the content of those pages got mixed up. there is now an english content and a spanish link menu.

2- If you open the page link through the backend editor, it does the same redirection?
No.

3- Can you try to save the original and translated page again and check if the issue persist?
Saved and still the same issue.

4- Can you try to update your permalinks structure in Settings>Permalinks (don't need to change anything, just save again) and check if the issue persist?
Done and no change. Still the same issue.

5- Can you try to go to WPML>Support>Troubleshooting and click the buttons highlighted in the attached screenshot to see if the issue gets solved?
We done that now and still the same issue.

Let us know the results.

Thanks,
Bernat

Thank you!

June 2, 2017 at 8:23 am #1289958

ralfG

Hi Bernat,

as our page is live, I manually worked around the mistakes but these are the things not working:

fullwith buttons set correctly in the backend lead to different language frontend page.

pages got corrupted with language content:

register now in german (has english text and shanish left link menu)
register now in spanish (has enghlish text with wrong spanish link menu)

left menu items got changed through the system. I have set them correctly.

I don't know how to explain better. Hope this helps.

Thanks!

June 2, 2017 at 12:42 pm #1290188

Bernat Torras

Hi @ralfg,

I think that the best option will be to take a deeper look at your backend directly. I've marked your next reply as private. Could you use it to share your backend and ftp credentials with us in a secure way?

Also, could you please provide us a detailed list of the elements that are not appearing as expected with their page URL and some screenshots where we can see them? This way we'll make sure we're not forgetting any of your problems.

Thanks,
Bernat

The topic ‘[Closed] Linking leads to wrong language versions – in menu and buttons’ is closed to new replies.