This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Radu 3 months, 3 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Radu.

Author Posts
June 21, 2019 at 8:08 pm #4069083

yvonneS-4

The default language is German. I have translated the site into English and French. The links in these language versions all link to the german version.

Is there an easy way to convert all links to go to the respective Language version page or do I have to change all links manually?

Or does that happen after I sync the menus?

June 24, 2019 at 5:49 am #4074775

Radu
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Bucharest (GMT+03:00)

Hey Yvonne,

Can you tell me if you checked this article about translating the menu https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/translating-menus/? There's a short video where you can see, step by step, how to translate the menu. Can you check this out and tell me if you still need help after you do the presented changes, please?

Thanks,
Radu

June 25, 2019 at 12:51 am #4080223

yvonneS-4

I got the menus, but I had to insert all the links by hand. If I switch off WMPL translator, will I loose the menus or any of my translations? WMPL doesn't work with engage theme, even though they said it would. It doesn't translate.

June 25, 2019 at 1:47 pm #4085091

Radu
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Bucharest (GMT+03:00)

Hey Yvonne,

Can you tell me what do you mean by switching off the WPML translator, please? What's the option that you'd use in this case? I just want to make sure that we both talk about the same thing.
Regarding the Engage theme, is there any chance that you could tell me what parts are not translating, please? Maybe there's something we can do about them.

Thanks,
Radu

The topic ‘[Closed] Linking links to actual language version’ is closed to new replies.