Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 15 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by Laura 2 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Rohan Sadanandan.

Author Posts
March 30, 2020 at 11:11 am

davidE-29

Links in my translated content are being broken by something, possibly the sticky links, I believe in WPML. In the editor the HTML is fine, but on the front end, the first part of the anchor tag is not rendered and you just end up with HTML appearing like /?p=17043">.
If I replace the double quotes in the editor with single, it works but obviously the main rich text editor uses double quotes when adding links so I need this to work.
Considering the link on the front end is being changed to ?p=17043, I wondered if it was something to do with smart links but I have turned this off in the WPML settings
I have also disabled all other non essential plugins and still have the same issue

March 30, 2020 at 12:04 pm
March 30, 2020 at 2:02 pm #5795367
davidE-29

Hi again

I don't know if its related or not but I seem to be having all sorts of problems with making updates in the translation editor which don't appear on the front end.

For instance, if you look at this link:

hidden link

The second to last paragraph is in English, but if you edit the translation, you will see it has been translated.

The same is true of this page which has loads of English on it but in the back end, the translation is 100% complete:

hidden link

FYI, I have cleared the site cache.

Many thanks
David

New threads created by Rohan Sadanandan and linked to this one are listed below:

https://wpml.org/forums/topic/split-translated-contents-not-showing/

March 30, 2020 at 8:23 pm #5798955

Rohan Sadanandan

Hello,

For better support, we handle one issue per ticket. So I've created a new ticket for the content update issue. We can continue the discussion here: https://wpml.org/forums/topic/split-translated-contents-not-showing/

Regarding the sticky links issue, I've asked for an expert opinion & I'll update you once I've received an update on the same.

Thanks,
Rohan

March 31, 2020 at 4:03 pm #5806009

Rohan Sadanandan

Hello,

For further debugging, I need to replicate your site locally. For this, I need to temporarily install a plugin called “Duplicator”(https://wordpress.org/plugins/duplicator/)) on your site. This will allow me to create a copy of your site and your content. Once the problem is resolved I will delete the local site. Let me know if this is ok for you.

Thanks,
Rohan

April 1, 2020 at 9:21 am #5811097

davidE-29

Hi Rohan

Many thanks for getting back to me. I will just ask permission from the client and get back in touch asap.

All the best
David

April 1, 2020 at 11:00 am #5811925

davidE-29

Hi Rohan

Yes please go ahead, I have added the Duplicator plugin to the site for you.

Many thanks
David

April 1, 2020 at 10:48 pm #5817487

Rohan Sadanandan

Hello,

Thanks for installing the Duplicator plugin on the site.

I've escalated this issue to the 2nd tier support.
I'll update you as soon as I get feedback on the same.

Thanks,
Rohan

April 3, 2020 at 5:51 pm #5834641

Rohan Sadanandan

Hello,

This issue has been escalated to the WPML Developers team.
I'll update you as soon as I receive feedback from the team.

Thanks,
Rohan

April 6, 2020 at 11:11 am #5847405

davidE-29

Hi Rohan

Thanks for the update. I don't suppose you are able to give any idea on a timeline for when we may know more?

Many thanks
David

April 6, 2020 at 10:46 pm #5852245

Rohan Sadanandan

Hello,

I don't have a timeline but I'll update you as soon as I get feedback from the team.

In the meantime, you can try as a workaround to not use the "Display as translated" mode of the pages. The user should then re-send to translation and re-save the affected translations in order to fix the problem.

Please take a complete backup of your site if you are going to try this workaround.

Thank you for your patience & understanding.

Thanks,
Rohan

April 7, 2020 at 8:52 am #5855009

davidE-29

Hi Rohan

Many thanks for the response, I am happy to try the workaround, we desperately need to get this site live asap so we really need a resolution.

I have tried to find a "Display as translated" option in the settings but cannot find it. Are you able to give me more detailed instructions on how I can do this?

Many thanks
David

April 7, 2020 at 4:48 pm #5859583

Rohan Sadanandan

Hello,

In your site, the pages/posts are set to appear as translated. You need to change it to translatable.
Please navigate to WPML > Settings > Post Types Translation > Pages and change it to "Translatable - only show translated items"
Once this is done, you should then re-send the pages to translation and re-save the affected translations in order to fix the problem.

Please take a complete backup of your site if you are going to try this workaround.

Thanks,
Rohan

April 16, 2020 at 3:38 pm #5924969

davidE-29

Hi Rohan

Apologies for the delay in getting back to you, I didn't receive an email notification and was busy on other projects so hadn't manually checked.

I have tried to do this the best I can understand from your instructions but we are still having the same problem. These are the steps I have taken:

Set WPML > Settings > Post Types Translation > Pages and change it to "Translatable - only show translated items"

Went to WPML -> Translation Management

Found one page that has the issue and selected it

Set the Spanish and French translations to Translate and all the others to Do Nothing

Add the item to the translation basket

Went to the translation basket, sent all items for translation

Went to Translations, found the Spanish translation my page and hit 'Take'

Saved my translation

Viewed Spanish page but I am still seeing the broken link

Is that I have done correct or have I misunderstood something?

Many thanks
David

April 23, 2020 at 8:32 am #5974423

davidE-29

Hi Rohan

Any update yet at all?

Many thanks
David