This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 11 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Radu 1 month ago.

Assigned support staff: Radu.

Author Posts
August 13, 2019 at 12:16 pm #4387879

nickS-19

I am trying to:
I have created a page and then duplicated it for the US language but some of the internal links still point to hidden link and not hidden link. I have run the setting 'Translate Link Targets' in settings.

See pic, the top links are going to the main site but the lower links go to the US

Link to a page where the issue can be seen:
UK - hidden link
USA - hidden link

I expected to see:
the internal urls changed to hidden link

Instead, I got:
some internal urls changed but some not changed.

August 14, 2019 at 8:21 am #4393355

Radu
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Bucharest (GMT+03:00)

Hey Nick,

I tried to check the links you attached but I only see a Dashboard button in the middle of the page. Did you add a maintenance mode on your website in the meantime? If yes, could you give me access to the dashboard area of the website so I can have a quick look at this issue, please?

The next reply is set to be private so you can safely send me the credentials.

Thanks,
Radu

August 16, 2019 at 9:07 am #4405555

Radu
Supporter

Hey Nick,

I think I found the "problem". The links that you are trying to translate are a part of the Divi builder text modules. In this case, you added the translation through this page hidden link. In order to translate the link, you need to change it through this side-by-side page (please see the attached screenshot). Can you give this a try and tell me how things work, please?

Thanks,
Radu

August 19, 2019 at 8:20 am #4414379

nickS-19

ok, so each link will have to be manually changed for the US translation?

eg changing this
<a class="orange-buttons more-link" href="hidden link">Find out more</a>

to
<a class="orange-buttons more-link" href="hidden link">Find out more</a>

August 20, 2019 at 1:12 pm #4423871

Radu
Supporter

Hey Nick,

I tested this on a clean install, using just WPML and Divi, and the same happens (the link on the translation is not affected by the Translate Link Targets option). I escalated this to the 2nd tier to ask for more details about this and see if there's anything that can be done in this case. I'll keep you posted here as soon as I talk with my colleagues.

Thanks,
Radu

September 2, 2019 at 6:59 am #4494849

nickS-19

just checking if you have any updates?

September 2, 2019 at 10:46 am #4496367

Radu
Supporter

Hey Nick,

I'm sorry but I don't have any news about this. I made a few more tests in the meantime but I wasn't able to find if there's any way to make the links inside the divi modules be changed automatically. This ticket is connected to our list so once I have any helpful update about this, I'll give you a message back.

I could've give you a message once I run some more tests (suggested by my colleagues) but they wouldn't be helpful for you. I'll try to keep you posted about things that can help move forward with the issue.

Thanks,
Radu

September 5, 2019 at 1:44 pm #4519693

Radu
Supporter

Hey Nick,

I tried to replicate this issue one more time (one of my colleagues tried to replicate this too) but now everything worked fine. You can have a look here hidden link. The link in English points to a page and when you change to French version, the link changes too. This happened automatically.

I checked again the page that you previously reported (hidden link) but I wasn't able to find it anymore. Can you send me a link to any other page where I can see this issue, please? I just want to be able to replicate this issue so I can ask my colleagues to check it out.

Thanks,
Radu

September 9, 2019 at 8:27 am #4534571

nickS-19

Hi,

The new url is
hidden link

thanks
nick

September 11, 2019 at 1:50 pm #4553843

Radu
Supporter

Hey Nick,

I had a look at the LARGE page and I could see that there's no translation for it. Can you add the translation so I can see if the issue is still available, please? As I said, I run a few more tests on my side and the links are automatically changed.

Also, before doing this, please install the beta versions of the WPML, String translation, and Translation management. You can find all of them right here https://wpml.org/account/downloads/, once you press the i button next to the plugin version.

Please give this a try and tell me how things work this time.

Thanks,
Radu

September 12, 2019 at 8:44 am #4559421

nickS-19

Hi Radu,

I have translated the page and the URLs are not changing and are odd:

US
hidden link

The links on the Find out more buttons seems to be odd permalinks eg hidden link

Click on 'EV | APF SERIES' which takes you to 'hidden link' and not the american version 'hidden link'

Should the products be translated first? and then the pages?

Thanks
Nick

September 16, 2019 at 12:44 pm #4580231

Radu
Supporter

Hey Nick,

Can you have another look at this page hidden link and check the links from the US page, please? They should be working as expected now.

Thanks,
Radu

The topic ‘[Closed] links in duplicated pages not updating’ is closed to new replies.