This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 8 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by ankitD 5 months, 2 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Dennis.

Author Posts
March 31, 2019 at 10:34 pm #3502683

ankitD

I am developing a multilingual site: English, Polish, I had done all the translations of the pages and posts which are made with Elementor plugin. Now, I am facing an issue when a user visits polish page say it hidden link and click on any module link than those links open English page and not polish. Please Help;

April 1, 2019 at 8:54 am #3505531

Dennis
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Manila (GMT+08:00)

Hi,

Welcome to WPML Support forum.

I would like to request temporary access (/wp-admin and FTP) to your site to take a better look at the issue. You will find the needed fields for this below the comment area when you log in to leave your next reply. Your next reply will be set to private.

Maybe I'll need to replicate your site locally to continue debugging and escalate if necessary. For this I’ll need to temporarily install a plugin called “Duplicator” on your site. This will allow me to create a copy of your site and your content. Once the problem is resolved I will delete the local site. Please confirm if this okay with you.

Our Debugging Procedures
I will be checking various settings in the backend to see if the issue can be resolved. Although I won't be making changes that affect the live site, it is still good practice to BACKUP the site before providing us access.

Privacy and Security Policy
We have strict policies regarding privacy and access to your information. Please see:
https://wpml.org/purchase/support-policy/privacy-and-security-when-providing-debug-information-for-support/

Kind regards,
Dennis

April 1, 2019 at 9:47 am #3506051

Dennis
Supporter

Hi,

Thank for providing us with the access details.

To let the image url point properly to polish translation, please add '?lang=pl' to polish translation of the Image: Link URL

I did it for the 'Workflow' url link as an example. Please refer to attached image. Please follow the format for other image url link translation.

Unfortunately, we can only communicate here in our support forum. But, We do have a chat option when you open a new ticket. If a chat supporter is available, then the chat button will show. Please see the attached screenshot. You can try and see if the chat is available now.

https://wpml.org/forums/forum/english-support/

Also, as per our support policies, we can only handle one issue per ticket. It will help us to serve you better and we can avoid discussing multiple problems in one ticket. For this reason, I would kindly request you to open a new ticket for your additional questions.

Thank you for understanding.

Kind regards,
Dennis

April 2, 2019 at 8:39 am #3514829

ankitD

so, I need to do that manually, right... than why some links in the footer is having "?lang=pl" automatically. I didn't do anything... Please help

April 3, 2019 at 4:47 am #3522579

Dennis
Supporter

Hi,

Thank you for your reply.

With pagebuilder translation, the contents are just passed on to the Translation Editor and translation are done manually. So this is an expected behavior.

Unlike the menu translation, WPML automatically hooks to the menu system and will display the correct menu in the current language.

Kind regards,
Dennis

April 3, 2019 at 8:02 am #3523307

ankitD

Ok, but in translation editor the image links are there but the hyperlink of the text below the image is not translating and also aren't shown in the translation editor.

April 3, 2019 at 8:09 am #3523345

ankitD

Also this is not the menu I used in the footer, these are the icon list, and some are translated automatically and some are not and I cannot translate it from translation editor also.

April 3, 2019 at 10:04 am #3524383

Dennis
Supporter

Hi,

The missing heading url link issue was a known issue with Elementor plugin and our developers are already working on a solution. I will update you when I got some news about the fix.

In the meantime, You can try edit the links manually with elementor, editing the page in using Elementor in secondary language. Please backup your site completely before trying this workaround.

About your additional question with regards to the menu, according to our support rules, we are able to handle only one issue per ticket.

May I ask you to open a new ticket for that?

We ask to open one ticket per issue because this way we can solve each problem easier and keep things clean and tidy for other users to see once the problem is resolved. This helps us to bring you a better service and also help other users with similar problems to find solutions when searching the forum.

Thank you for understanding.

Kind regards,
Dennis

May 4, 2019 at 2:36 pm #3740447

ankitD

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!