This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Tagged: 

This topic contains 16 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Andreas W. 4 months, 1 week ago.

Assigned support staff: Andreas W..

Author Posts
May 17, 2019 at 3:19 pm

steinthor-rafnM

I am trying to: translate a webpage that is using elementor as a pagebuilder, toolset for custom posts and fields and wpml for translating content.

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: http:/isfell30.konsept.is

I expected to see: translated content when I press links to pages inside elementor.

Instead, I got: the pages and custom posts load in the original language

May 17, 2019 at 7:06 pm #3836605

Andreas W.
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español ) German (Deutsch )

Timezone: America/Lima (GMT-05:00)

Hello,

As far I can see the elementor elements are now appearing as translated after opening the pages with the frontend editor and translating them again.

It is missing to translate the menus and the footer.

For the menu go to Appearance Menus. Here you will need to create a menu for each language. Afterwards the menus can be sznchronized at WPML -> WP Menus Sync.

https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/translating-menus/

The footer, as also header, Widgets and theme options will need to be translated with String Translation.
https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/string-translation/

Go to WPML -> String Translation and copy paste the literal strings from your site¿s footer into the text search fields. (See screenshot)

Let me know if you point out some more sections with issues and I willo be glad to help you.

Kind regards
Andreas

May 18, 2019 at 11:14 am #3838749

steinthor-rafnM

Sorry if I wasn't clear. I know how to translate the footer and know my way around your program, this site is under development and so it is not finished and Im not looking for help regarding that. My issue is that when I go to the english translation and start navigating to other pages I revert to the original language. For example if you go to the english translation from the front page and press fishing. You then enter the Icelandic version. From there you can press "togveidar" for example to enter product pages. Press any product there and inside the products when I press english translation I can not get the english content to appear. Only the title. So two issues: One is that when I press links I dont get the right language content and second is the product pages that dont seem to get the english content no matter what. The product pages are custom posts made with toolset using.

May 20, 2019 at 5:55 pm #3849491

Andreas W.
Supporter

Hello,

Thank you for the clarification.

The Elementor Template "Subheader" and other templates are not translated yet. Further, you will find the possibility to add and translate Elementor Template Categories. Could you please try out if this solves the issue?

https://wpml.org/documentation/plugins-compatibility/elementor/#translate-elementor-templates

Further, you products also do have a submenu for categories. Switch here to English in teh top admin bar, as it appears that those Categories are not assigned to to your primary language. You will further be able to determine the slug here. (See screenshot).

I hope this will solve the issue. Otherwise, please reach out again and we will investigate further.

Kind regards
Andreas

May 23, 2019 at 9:56 am #3873203

steinthor-rafnM

Hi there is a larger issue here I think. Everything I translate now doesn't save it seems. I've tried updating links so they point towards translated content but nothing sticks. All translations appear with a spinning wheel (see screenshot). Every time I press a link to a subpage the translated content doesn't appear. Basically its just not working right now and I cant identify the issue.

May 23, 2019 at 4:05 pm #3877845

Andreas W.
Supporter

Hello,

Could you please increase your PHP Memory Limit to 1024M?

Your current values are:

PHP MemoryLimit 512M (php.ini)
WP Memory Limit 512M (wp-config.php)

The PHP Memory Limit should be always higher than the WP Memory Limit.

These settings can be limited directly by your hosting provider, so I recommend you to contact and ask them to modify them directly.
If you can get even higher values It would be great.

Please also change the value of "maxInputVars" inside of your php.ini file. You are currently using a value of 1000. I would recommend you to change this setting to at least 3000 or more.
You can find the php.ini file on your server inside the folder for your currently used PHP version 7.0.33.

Also please update the MySQL Version on your server, as the current version does not fulfill the minimum requierments to run WPML. Minimum MySQL 5.6 is requiered.
https://wpml.org/home/minimum-requirements/

In case of any doubt please contact your hosting provides and ask for assistance.

I hope this will solve the issue, otherwise please reach out to me again.

Kind regards
Andreas

May 28, 2019 at 10:45 am #3905797

steinthor-rafnM

Everything has been updated to your request but problem remains. What is the next step?

May 28, 2019 at 5:37 pm #3909099

Andreas W.
Supporter

Hello,

Please go to PAges and make sure that all pages are translated to 100% when being translated for the first time. Otherwise, WPML will act like these pages are not exisiting. This must be the reason why the "Fishing" link leads to the Islandic page.

Please complete the translation of the page Veiðar and let me know if this solved the issue.

Kind regards
Andreas

May 28, 2019 at 10:59 pm #3910445

steinthor-rafnM

Ok please read all my messages more carefully. I have many instances of WPML running and know how to use it. The page is under development so its changing and thats why the content on that particular page has not been translated 100%. I changed the page and have not updated the translation. Before that it was 100%. This is however NOT the problem, my problem is throughout the entire site with all content! No matter what content Im translating now is not coming through and a spinning wheel appears behind all translated content. (See the footer for instance). So no matter if its 100% it will not update or work on the frontend. This has become a time sensitive matter so if you do not have the time to look at this at more detail then let me know.

May 29, 2019 at 10:45 pm #3918945

Andreas W.
Supporter

Hello,

I have taken a copy of your website and I realized that the Elementor Templates and Global Widgets are not getting syncronized. The debug.log is showing a parsing error related to the Translation Management Plugin.

I have tested Elementor Pro 2.5.8 on a new installation with WPML, Translation Management and String Translation at their latest version. I realized that translating Elementor templates did not work out as expected when using the Advanced Translation Editor. On the other hand it worked out when I changed to use the Classic Translation Editor.
I did not experience any issues in regards to saving translations here.

Anyhow, I can see that there is an update for Elementor Pro available and I would kindly like to ask you to proceed with the update and let me know if this solved the issue. Otherwsie, please enable the Classic Translation Editor at WPML -> Settings -> How to translate posts and pages and translate the templates, global widgets and pages again.

I have escalated the issue to our deveoper's team who will further investigate. Please let me know if updating Elementor or changing to the Classic Translation Eeditor solved the problem.

I will be in contact as soon I receive feedback from our developer team.

Kind regards
Andreas

June 5, 2019 at 2:39 pm #3961605
steinthor-rafnM

Hi and thanks for your reply. Updating elementor didnt work but reverting back to the classic editor fixed the problem of content not updating correctly. Im now still faced with another problem. Links still dont point towards translated content and now when I press the translate button on the front page my header dissappears? It works fine on the subpages but they are using a different header template so Im baffled what could be wrong here.

June 6, 2019 at 3:46 am #3965765

Andreas W.
Supporter

Hello,

Our developers revised the issue and advised to change the Permalinks structure into a pretty permalink. This refers to a complex permalinks structure like Date & Name or even a custom one. Avoid to use "plain" as permalinks structure and the issue should be solved.

Go to Settings -> Permalinks to apply the change and click the save button.

Then translate the Elementor Templates and Global Widgets again. Let me know if the translation worked using the Advanced Translation Editor.

For the new issue I will split this ticket into a new request and I will be replying tomorrow. Splitting tickets will help other forum users to find quick an answer ion similar issues.

Kind regards
Andreas

June 6, 2019 at 7:17 am #3966377

steinthor-rafnM

But the permalink structure has always been date and title?

June 6, 2019 at 3:08 pm #3970147

Andreas W.
Supporter

Hello,

I am sorry about the inconvenience. There might be a misunderstaning here between me and the developers. I reaching out to our developers again to clarify the issue.

Once I received feedback I will be in contact with you again.

I hope for you understanding and thanking you for your patience.

Kind regards
Andreas

June 11, 2019 at 3:12 am #3991581

Andreas W.
Supporter

Hello,

The issues with Elementor should be solved in the next update for WPML.

In the meantime I would like to offer you a workaround:

The image box link issue can be fixed in WPML by going to \sitepress-multilingual-cms\vendor\wpml\page-builders-elementor\src\class-wpml-elementor-translatable-nodes.php and replacing the following code:

'image-box'   => array(
				'conditions' => array( self::TYPE => 'image-box' ),
				'fields'     => array(
					array(
						'field'       => 'title_text',
						'type'        => __( 'Image Box: Title text', 'sitepress' ),
						'editor_type' => 'LINE'
					),
					array(
						'field'       => 'description_text',
						'type'        => __( 'Image Box: Description text', 'sitepress' ),
						'editor_type' => 'LINE'
					),
				),
			),

Replace the code with the following:

'image-box'   => array(
				'conditions' => array( self::TYPE => 'image-box' ),
				'fields'     => array(
					array(
						'field'       => 'title_text',
						'type'        => __( 'Image Box: Title text', 'sitepress' ),
						'editor_type' => 'LINE'
					),
					array(
						'field'       => 'description_text',
						'type'        => __( 'Image Box: Description text', 'sitepress' ),
						'editor_type' => 'LINE'
					),
					'link' => array(
						'field'       => 'url',
						'type'        => __( 'Image Box: link', 'sitepress' ),
						'editor_type' => 'LINK'
					),
				),
			),

Let me know if you need any further assistance.

Kind regards
Andreas