Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 10 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Waqas Bin Hasan 7 months, 1 week ago.

Assisted by: Waqas Bin Hasan.

Author Posts
August 31, 2023 at 4:10 pm #14322439

sulltaneS

I have translated this page hidden link , but links aren't working, please help with this!.

September 1, 2023 at 10:03 am #14325783

Waqas Bin Hasan
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi,

Thank you for contacting the support.

Can you please share the default language version of that URL, so I can see what is actually expected? So far I just see a white page at hidden link.

Secondly, before proceeding further, may I ask you to try the following?

IMPORTANT: Take full backup of your website and database beforehand. It is highly advised to try the following on a staging/dev site first, so your live website isn't compromised.

- Deactivate all plugins except WPML and its addons and check for the issue.
- Activate each plugin one-by-one, while keeping check on the issue after a plugin is activated. This way you'll be able to pinpoint a plugin having a conflict (or problem), if any.
- If the problem persists, repeat the above steps with a default theme of WordPress (i.e. 2021 or 2023).

Please let me know and I'll try my best to further assist you on the matter.

Regards.

September 1, 2023 at 6:41 pm #14328459

sulltaneS

Hi, yeah when I used wpml it show me only white page, but when I click in preview page here is the link hidden link , it work and you can see the page, also in hidden link. it shows only white page, I don't know why, and what's going wrong?

September 4, 2023 at 5:14 am #14333455

Waqas Bin Hasan
Supporter

Thank you for the updates.

Did you try with the debugging steps I mentioned in my previous message?

Please let me know how it goes, specially, does it work if you switch to any other standard WP theme (i.e. 2021 and 2023)?

September 13, 2023 at 7:38 am #14387495

sulltaneS

Hi, I have tried with debugging how you send steps, but is not working also

September 13, 2023 at 10:50 am #14389367

Waqas Bin Hasan
Supporter

Thank you for the updates.

I need to take a closer look at your site. So I request temporary access (WP-Admin and FTP), preferably to a test site where the problem has been replicated.

Your next answer will be private, to share this information safely.

Also provide detailed steps to reproduce the issue and links to pages in admin and on frontend.

IMPORTANT: Please take a complete backup of the site to avoid data loss.

See https://wpml.org/purchase/support-policy/privacy-and-security-when-providing-debug-information-for-support/ for details on privacy and security.

September 14, 2023 at 11:28 am #14396445

Waqas Bin Hasan
Supporter

Thank you for the access but unfortunately I am not able to login due to following error:

> ERROR: The username or password you entered is incorrect.

Please check on your side and provide me updated access.

I've enabled your next reply as private again.

September 14, 2023 at 11:59 am #14396635

Waqas Bin Hasan
Supporter

Thank you, I am in and working on it. I'll update you accordingly.

September 14, 2023 at 12:13 pm #14396827

Waqas Bin Hasan
Supporter

Looks like the issue is with your custom theme which is heavily coded. Because I just switched to the parent theme "Hello Elementor" and I can see the page landing correctly in all languages:

- hidden link
- hidden link
- hidden link
- hidden link
- hidden link

With your "IT Web24 Theme", the page is blank, means literally blank and has not even WP's standard HTML scaffold (see attached).

This means, your said theme has to do some fixing. I also see a lot of errors in debug.log from yesterday which are referring to your theme as well as some other custom plugins.

Unfortunately support for custom coding is out of scope of this forum.

I advise you to contact the theme/plugin author and request a compatibility update. WPML offers very useful information for developers aiming to make their themes/plugins compatible. Please see https://wpml.org/documentation/support/ and https://wpml.org/documentation/support/achieving-wpml-compatibility-for-your-themes-and-plugins/ for details.

Theme and plugin authors are welcome to join WPML’s Go Global program, which helps them make their code multilingual ready. Together with WPML’s compatibility team, they can test and confirm that their theme or plugin works with WPML. See https://wpml.org/documentation/support/go-global-program/ for details and you can refer your theme/plugin provider to this as well.

blank.png
September 14, 2023 at 1:08 pm #14397379

sulltaneS

hm okay I will check and contact the plugin creator, but the page was working before I used wpml, also I have used "T Web24 Theme", for that I have messaged, but I will check thanks

September 15, 2023 at 5:20 am #14400559

Waqas Bin Hasan
Supporter

Sure, please take your time and let me know if you find any technical details which are relevant to WPML. And I'll try my best to help you further on the matter.

Have a great time in the meanwhile 🙂

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.