This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 23 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by Sumit 2 months, 1 week ago.

Assigned support staff: Sumit.

Author Posts
July 10, 2019 at 5:30 pm #4183323

dominikS-27

I've different products in my store, the default language of them is English, for that I've set everything up, also the translation of the products in german, everything works, except that, if the customer wants to download the files the File url in the customer accounts is with the de. subdomain, instead of the normal link to the file it was set.

So thats what it should be hidden link
That's what a customer gets when he is using the translated account page (german in this case):
hidden link

So the customer can't download the file when he's using the german translation.

At some point somewhere wpml translates the english file url to the german, which should not happen. The Files in this case have to be served from the same default url it was set to.

Hope you unterstand what ich mean.

July 10, 2019 at 10:44 pm #4184671

Bruno
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: America/Sao_Paulo (GMT-03:00)

Thank you for contacting. This depends on how you are adding the links in WooCommerce. By default, WooCommerce will create links like this: site.com/?download_file=1&order=wc_order_ABC123&uid=UID&key=KEY123

This will point to the default domain, even though you have configured other domains for each language.

Have you tried saving the translation again to see if the link will be displayed correctly? Also, have you tried adding a new downloadable product to see how the link will be sent when the purchase is made in the secondary language?

Also, please, what is the version of WPML and WP are you using? I would like to know more about your installation. Can you please provide your WPML Debug information in the debug field below? http://wpml.org/faq/provide-debug-information-faster-support/

Thank you.

July 11, 2019 at 2:14 am #4185117

dominikS-27

yes that is correct it creates these links, but the problem is for the second language it creates them with de. so they wont work. Tried also a new product, same there.

July 11, 2019 at 8:18 pm #4193043

dominikS-27

so how can I fix this, so it doesn't cange the domain for the downloads on the second language?

July 12, 2019 at 3:08 am #4194487

Bruno
Supporter

Sorry for the delay. Please as a test, could you disable all non-WPML plugins, switch to the default theme and see if the problem persists?

If the problem is fixed, please, enable the plugins one by one to see if there is any compatibility problem between these plugins.

If after following the above steps the problem persists, I'll need to request temporary access (wp-admin and FTP) to your site - preferably to a test site where the problem has been replicated if possible - in order to be of better help.

You will find the needed fields for this below the comment area when you log in to leave your next reply. The information you will enter is private which means only you and I can see and have access to it.

Note:

*** Please let me know exactly what steps should I follow to see the problem. For example, which product are you testing?

*** Please, can I install the Duplicator plugin (or All in One Migration) to make a copy of your site and install it on my test environment? This will help me debug the problem.

*** Note: Please make a full backup of your site.

Privacy and Security when Providing Debug Information for Support: https://wpml.org/purchase/support-policy/privacy-and-security-when-providing-debug-information-for-support/

Thank you.

July 13, 2019 at 5:17 am #4202927

Bruno
Supporter

Thank you. I've used the Duplicator plugin and I did a copy of your site. I will install it on my test environment and soon I will contact you.

Thank you.

July 14, 2019 at 11:01 am #4205415

dominikS-27

and did you find a solution to the problem?

July 15, 2019 at 8:38 pm #4214557

dominikS-27

any update?

July 16, 2019 at 3:12 am #4215501

Bruno
Supporter

I tested your site in my testing environment but I could not replicate the problem. I noticed, however, that the problem may be happening because of the "Germanized for WooCommerce" plugin.

At this point, I have forwarded your 2nd tier support ticket so they can check. As soon as I have more information from 2nd tier support I will contact you.

July 16, 2019 at 3:39 am #4215735

dominikS-27

so you've tried it in both languages and with both languages your download urls is hidden link and not hidden link

July 16, 2019 at 3:45 am #4215795

Bruno
Supporter

Yes. Both URLs were correct in my testing environment. Both pointed to the main domain.

For this reason, I suspect that the plugin "Germanized for WooCommerce" may be causing the problem - since I could not test with this plugin enabled.

As I explained above I have already forwarded your ticket to the 2nd tier support. As soon as they check, I'll update you.

July 16, 2019 at 8:02 pm #4223671

dominikS-27

Ok, I hope there will be a solution soon.

July 18, 2019 at 12:33 pm #4238691

dominikS-27

Anything new?

July 18, 2019 at 1:37 pm #4239219

Bruno
Supporter

Not yet. When I have some news I'll keep you informed. I have already forwarded your ticket to the 2nd tier support and they will review this soon.

I do not have a deadline, but it should not be long.

Thank you.

July 22, 2019 at 10:51 am #4256321

dominikS-27

So any update it's 4 days since I've heard from you