This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:
I am trying to link to a PDF in different languages. I need to have the link of the PDF different on each language.
Solution:
The link is added to a WPBakery button. In order to be able to translate the link (and the button title), you need to copy this XML config to WPML → Settings → Custom XML Configuration:

<wpml-config>
    <shortcodes>
        <shortcode>
            <tag>button</tag>
            <attributes>
                <attribute>title</attribute>
                <attribute>url</attribute>
            </attributes>
        </shortcode>
    </shortcodes>
</wpml-config>

Tagged: 

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by harrisD 3 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Radu.

Author Posts
July 9, 2019 at 12:37 pm #4170769

harrisD

I am trying to: link to a PDF in different languages

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: hidden link

I expected to see: The Greek Version of PDF

Instead, I got: The English version

July 9, 2019 at 2:30 pm #4171867

Radu
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Bucharest (GMT+03:00)

Hey Harris,

Thank you for reaching out the WPML support!

As I can see, you're using the WPBakery plugin to add the content to the page (including the button with the link to the PDF). In this case, is there any chance that you could give me access to the dashboard area so I can see how the translation of the page was done and look for a way to edit the link, please? The next reply is private so there's nothing to worry about the privacy of the credentials.

Thanks,
Radu

July 10, 2019 at 4:29 am #4175967

Radu
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Bucharest (GMT+03:00)

Hey Harris,

Thank you for sending me the credentials!

Now, can you go to this page hidden link and translate the link from here, please? Just simply add the Finnish link, check the Translation is complete box and see how things work now.

Thanks,
Radu

July 10, 2019 at 2:41 pm #4181547

harrisD

So, if this is the way for such issues, what's the use of media translation? I thought that if Ι match there the English and Greek version. it will work!
By, the way, in media translation there is no option to select a file from library, but only to upload a file.