Skip Navigation

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem: The ‘Links to translation of posts’ that appear above the page/post are showing all language options rather than just the translated language pages. So if you have a page that is the default in English and translated to Spanish, I would only want to see those two options and not all other languages that haven’t been translated.

Solution: Go to WPML → Settings → Post Types Translation and select the first option/column for the Pages post type. This way, the section above the post should display only the languages that actually have a translation created by you.

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by Radu 2 months, 2 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Radu.

Author Posts
April 1, 2021 at 3:53 pm #8450419

rebeccaF-4

Problem: The ‘Links to translation of posts’ that appear above the page/post are showing all language options rather than just the translated language pages. So if you have a page that is default in English and translated to Spanish, I would only want to see those two options and not all other languages that haven’t been translated.

April 1, 2021 at 4:29 pm #8450599

Itamar
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Hebrew (עברית )

Timezone: Asia/Jerusalem (GMT+03:00)

Hi,

Please get back to us once you have more information about this issue and you can let us see it on your site.

Also could you please share your Debug information with me?
You can read a detailed explanation about it here.
http://wpml.org/faq/provide-debug-information-faster-support
The debug info will give me a lot of information about how your site is configured and will help me understand the source of the problem.

Thanks,
Itamar.

April 6, 2021 at 7:09 am #8470743

rebeccaF-4

Debug information provided

April 6, 2021 at 8:00 am #8471255

Radu
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Bucharest (GMT+03:00)

Hey Rebecca,

Please send me a link to the page where I can see the element that you have issues with.

Also, can you tell me if you still have this issue if you go to WPML → Settings → Post Types Translation and select the first option/column for the Pages post type, please? This way, the section above the post should display only the languages that actually have a translation created by you.

Thanks,
Radu

April 6, 2021 at 9:24 am #8471999

rebeccaF-4

Dear Radu. Thank you for your response. We have changed the setting as you directed and this now seems to have fixed the issue, as we can now see the available translations. hidden link

We will continue to monitor the situation as we add in further pages, and any other issues will let you know.

Thank you for your help.

April 6, 2021 at 9:27 am #8472005

Radu
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Bucharest (GMT+03:00)

Hey Rebecca,

Thank you for updating me about this. I'm glad to hear that this works as you want now.

If this issue ever comes back or if you have any other questions, feel free to reach us right here and we'll help you out.

Regards,
Radu