Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 83 replies, has 4 voices.

Last updated by Pierre 1 year, 9 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Przemysław.

Author Posts
October 22, 2018 at 10:46 am #2837686

reiL

Hi,

I am trying to download/pull through the completed translations from the LionBridge service into my WordPress back-end via WPML.

However, when I try to do this using the WPML interface by synchronizing the batch status and then selecting the "Check status and get translations" button on the "Translation Dashboard", nothing happens.

I have received a notification from LionBridge that the translations are complete but when I check them within the "Translation Management" section under, nothing happens and the status of the batch remains the same, "In Progress".

This happened with a batch on our CHINA instance and we had to manually pull through the translations by downloading and uploading each of the translation files ourselves which took a lot of time.

This has now happened again with another batch ("Taiwan update|en|2" sent on 2018-10-04 09:20:52), this time on our TAIWAN instance. The link to the "Translation Jobs" page is: hidden link

Can you please let me know why these batches are not being transferred from LionBridge into WPML? They were working before on these instances mentioned.

Thank you,
Adrian

October 22, 2018 at 3:35 pm #2838713

Ahmed Ibrahim
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Arabic (العربية )

Timezone: Africa/Cairo (GMT+02:00)

Hi, and thanks for your reply.

Could you please provide me with temporary access (wp-admin and FTP) to your site in order to provide a better help. You will find the needed fields for this below the comment area when you log in to leave your next reply. The information you will enter is private which means only you and I can see and have access to it.

+ Please make sure that you have a full backup of your website and database. (Please don't ignore this)!

Best Regards.

October 23, 2018 at 5:40 am #2840812

reiL

Hi Ahmed,

Thank you very much for coming back to us on this.

I have asked the developers to provide you this access so they will be in touch privately with the details that you need.

Thanks again,
Adrian

October 23, 2018 at 11:48 am #2842165

Ahmed Ibrahim
Supporter

Hi,

Thanks for the reply, I will set the next reply to be private, and please share the credentials once you get them from the dev team.

Best Regards.

October 26, 2018 at 5:28 pm #2853914

Ahmed Ibrahim
Supporter

Hi,

Thanks for the login information, but I have added the line to the hosts file as you instructed, but the site can't be open, so can you please check this with your dev team.

Best Regards.

October 29, 2018 at 11:02 am #2857572

reiL

Hi Ahmed, seems like you have tried to enter the website when it was downtime. Basically, due to our internal processes the website is down on Saturday and Sunday and on working days from 6 PM till 1AM (GMT). You could either work during the time when the website is up or you could specify the day (days) that you will be working on it and we will make sure that the website is up and running all the time.

If you think this is not the cause of the error, please share with us a screenshot of what you have written down in your hosts file.

October 29, 2018 at 4:15 pm #2858743

Ahmed Ibrahim
Supporter

Hi,

I have logged-in to the site and when visiting the Translations Jobs tab, I can see that there is only one job and has been completed (check the attached screenshot), so are you sure that this is the same site that has the issue?

Also, I have noticed that you haven't authenticated the Lionbridge service, so to be able to send and receive the translations you should authenticate it first.

Best Regards.

October 29, 2018 at 6:12 pm #2859157

reiL

Hi Ahmed, as you can see - earlier we've given you the link. This is a multisite, and the issue is on the Taiwan instance, please check the Taiwan website, not the default that you are looking at.

Here is a link to the jobs: hidden link

October 29, 2018 at 6:34 pm #2859239

Ahmed Ibrahim
Supporter

Hi,

Ok, I see, sorry for the misunderstanding, but I have tried to log in again now, but as I can see that the site is down, so is it will be on again today, or I have to wait for tomorrow?

Best Regards.

October 30, 2018 at 10:09 am #2861188

reiL

Hi Ahmed,

Can you please try and log in again? As we mentioned previously, the site is set to automatically shutdown over night here in Hong Kong from 1AM HK / 5PM GMT > 8AM HK / 0:00 AM GMT.

Can you take a look during these hours? The auto shutdown can be disabled temporarily if needs be. If that is needed please let us know in advance at what hours you will be taking a look.

As we need to get this fixed as soon as possible, please take a look as soon as you can.

Many thanks,
Adrian

October 30, 2018 at 1:13 pm #2861884

Ahmed Ibrahim
Supporter

Hi,

I have checked the site and as I can see that our TP server isn't able to download the translations from Lionbridge service, so I have escalated the issue to our TP developers team to check it, and please disable the shutdown functionality for now until we finish the investigation.

Best regards.

October 30, 2018 at 5:00 pm #2862946

Ahmed Ibrahim
Supporter

Hi,

Our dev team have found the issue and they have fixed your jobs and downloaded the translations o the TP server, so can you please go to WPML -> Translation Management, and then click on the `Check status and get translations` button to download the translations on your site.

Please let me know if that helps you.
Best Regards.

October 31, 2018 at 2:09 am #2864046

reiL

Hi Ahmed,

Thank you very much for your response yesterday on this. I am currently fetching the translation jobs on our Taiwan instance. They appear to be coming through so far, I will let you know if there are any issues.

Can you outline what the root cause of the issue was? Also, has this been fixed across our entire system, or just on the Taiwan instance? I want to make sure that if we send translations for another instance this issue won't reoccur.

Many thanks,
Adrian

October 31, 2018 at 7:26 am #2864570

reiL

Hi Ahmed,

I downloaded the translations earlier on today using the "Check Status and Get Translations" button and around 70 of the outstanding products came through. However, the system has stopped pulling them through with "307 translation jobs" remaining: hidden link

I have tried to sync the status of the batches within and reattempted this a number of times today but the number remains at 307. Having looked through the batch I am trying to collect, a number of the products which have been translated have a status of "Complete - (needs update)". This appears to effect quite a large number of the products within the batch.

What does this status mean exactly? And how can it be fixed so that these products have their status updated to "Complete"?

Many thanks,
Adrian

October 31, 2018 at 3:15 pm #2866444

Ahmed Ibrahim
Supporter

Hi, and thanks for your confirmation.

About the bug, it was related to the number of translated documents, you had about 123, and The API is throttled to 30 requests per minute, but don't worry about this because our dev team is working to prevent this from happening again.

About the "Complete - (needs update)" state, it appears when you send a document to translation and change the original document before receiving the translation, but for me, it is not a big deal as long as the received documents are ok, so do you have any issues with the received documents? if no, so better to neglect this state.

About the 307 jobs in the Translation Management, as I can see, that your TP project has about 307 jobs with status "waiting_translations" but when I visit the Translation Jobs tab, I can see that almost all the jobs are completed, so do you have any other site that uses the same TP project and have been used to send some documents to Lionbridge?
It could be another version of the site with the same configuration or it could be also a staging site.

Best Regards.