Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 8 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Andreas W. 1 year, 7 months ago.

Assisted by: Andreas W..

Author Posts
August 24, 2022 at 4:56 pm

alfonsoS-11

The map works as expected in other languages - the categories and CPT are translated as expected

hidden link

August 24, 2022 at 5:29 pm
August 24, 2022 at 5:40 pm #11924671

Andreas W.
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) German (Deutsch )

Timezone: America/Lima (GMT-05:00)

Hello,

Could you please install the latest version of the Listeo Theme and the Listeo Theme Core Plugin on this test site so that I can run some tests?

One-Click-Login:
hidden link

I will try here to recreate this issue so that I can escalate it internally and me an my team will then try to find a solution for the issue.

If we will not be able to replicate this issue, then we need to further check what is causing the specific issue on your staging site.

Best regards
Andreas

August 24, 2022 at 6:30 pm #11924779

alfonsoS-11

Done

August 24, 2022 at 6:31 pm #11924795

alfonsoS-11

Can we came back ti the chat?

August 25, 2022 at 1:22 am #11925641

Andreas W.
Supporter

Hello,

I am sorry but I can not revert the forum ticket to a chat ticket and I have no influence on who will be assigned new chats.

Now, it seems to me that the issue on your site is related to the fact, that the site default language first was ES and then was changed to FR, is this correct?

I tried recreating this issue on our test site, but I can not replicate this issue here:

hidden link

Please feel free to log into the test site and try recreating the issue yourself.

One-Click-Login:
hidden link

The next step would be now that I try to investigate the issue further on your site. Do you agree that I take those tests on the staging site you provided? I might need to deactivate plugins, add other plugins and maybe even access files on the server.

Please confirm.

Best regards
Andreas

August 25, 2022 at 8:13 am #11927005

alfonsoS-11

Yeah that's right.
At first I worked in Spanish because for me it was easier, but the default language has to be French.

Of course, I give you permission to help me solve the problem.
Thank you very much

August 25, 2022 at 10:34 pm #11932503

Andreas W.
Supporter

Hello,

It appears that the issue is with the ES translations of the listings.

When I save the ES listings again they appear on the map.
hidden link

Best regards
Andreas

August 26, 2022 at 9:32 am #11935807

alfonsoS-11

I don't really understand what you did, but it worked.
thank you

Can you send me a screenshot of what you've done?
in case it happens again

August 26, 2022 at 7:27 pm #11939689

Andreas W.
Supporter

Hello,

I actually only went to the Spanish listings on the WordPress Editor and saved them.

That was it 🙂

Take note, that you are translating the listings manually, which creates individual posts in each language, it means that each layout, design, and even each setting for each post could be adjusted individually. I would suggest using the WPML Translation Editor instead as this method makes sure that all posts share the same layout, design, and settings.

Best regards
Andreas

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.