This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by garyM-6 1 year ago.

Assigned support staff: Yvette.

Author Posts
October 1, 2018 at 11:39 am #2777850

garyM-6

We are creating French translation for the site but the gallery images and featured image are not being duplicated, at least for listings.
We are testing it on staging ( hidden link ), gallery and featured images are being duplicated for pages, posts and products but not for listings. This was working before.

hidden link
hidden link

October 2, 2018 at 11:27 am #2781260

garyM-6

Hi there, is there any progress on this, please? It's an urgent issue as we have translators starting work tomorrow so we'd like to have some support on this asap. Many thanks

October 2, 2018 at 8:29 pm #2782760

Yvette
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/Madrid (GMT+02:00)

Hello

I will be helping you with this issue.

It sounds like the custom field for "featured image" for the listing post type might not have the correct translation option settings.

When you say "duplicated" i assume you mean that you want the featured image to synchronise to from the original language listing to all related translations.

Please check that all relevant listing custom fields are set to "copy" in the Multilingual Settings portion of the wordpress editor when you have a listing open. If you need assistance, please write back with wp-admin access details . I am opening the private area for this.

Please also install and activate the ARI Adminer plugin so that I can check which custom field the featured image for listings is held in.

Finally provide steps how to reproduce the issue on your site.
Thanks