Please make sure to update to WPML 4.3.5 and check our list of Known Issues before reporting

Hi, Amit here, I am the WPML Support Manager, our current ticket queue is high, update your WPML plugins and make sure you meet the minimal requirements for running WPML before reporting an issue please - many tickets are resolved doing that

Please look at our updated list of Known Issues and you can also use our support search to find helpful information and of course review our documentation before opening a ticket.

If you do need to open a ticket please make sure to provide us with all the needed information as described in this page

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 32 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by Otto 1 year, 12 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Otto.

Author Posts
November 22, 2017 at 9:31 am

yaronK-3

Hello,
i have translated a few listing pages on my site, however the Hebrew translation is not matching the EN listing.
Gallery is not showing , for example this is the english source: hidden link and this is the Hebrew translation page: hidden link.
you can see that there is no gallery here
please assist
thanks,
yaron

November 22, 2017 at 1:33 pm #1438168

Otto
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: America/Argentina/Buenos_Aires (GMT-03:00)

Hello Yaron,

Can you please try the following:
Check that the following options are check and press the Start button. This would create a link to images for other languages for previous contents.
X Translate existing media in all languages
X Duplicate existing media for translated content
X Duplicate the featured images for translated content

Let me know if this helps, please.

Kind Regards,

Otto

November 22, 2017 at 2:13 pm #1438233

yaronK-3

hi Otto,
i have already run the media translator for all my media files, should i do it again?
it is set on X on all the fields relevant: hidden link
let me know how to proceed
thanks,
Yaron

November 22, 2017 at 4:44 pm #1438443

Otto
Supporter

Hello Yaron,

Yes, please, click on Start again. It may help, and it won't hurt 🙂

If this does not solve the issue, please try the following:
Go to the Listing translation
You will find the image gallery field, it has a bunch of ID's. Each one of them corresponds to an image you've selected.
If you go to the Media Library and switch to the secondary language you will be able to find the ID's of the "translated" images.
Put the translated images ID's in the listing translation and check if this solves the issue on the front end.

Let me know your results, please.

Kind Regards,

Otto

November 25, 2017 at 2:22 pm #1441284

yaronK-3

hi Otto,
apologies for late reply.
the thing is all the Image Gallery field corresponds exactly to the Hebrew translation and still i cant see it.
for example in this listing: hidden link (listing called Samuel) , there is a perfect match between gallery items of EN and HE lang and still i see no images in the top Gallery of the hebrew translation, imege: hidden link.
please advise
thanks,
Yaron

November 25, 2017 at 3:11 pm #1441313

Otto
Supporter

Hello Yaron,

Please apologize I wasn't clear enough.

Images in each language have a different ID.

If you go to the media library, switch to Hebrew and use the list mode, when you hover over the edit link you will see the ID:
hidden link

Try using the Hebrew IDs in the translation and let me know if this works, please.

Kind Regards,

Otto

November 26, 2017 at 8:06 pm #1441745

yaronK-3

Hi Otto,
i'm still confused here, there are no Hebrew ID's in the media library, in other words the media is not doubled, should it be?
thanks,
Yaron

November 27, 2017 at 12:15 pm #1442267

Otto
Supporter

Hello Yaron,

I visited the Media Library in English and opened the first image.

If you see the URL you will see: ?item=15743, this is the ID for the English attachment.

Then, switch to Hebrew using the language switcher on the admin bar.

Open the same image and you will find the URL: ?item=15744, this is the ID for the Hebrew attachment.

Is it clearer now? Please try with one image and see if using "translated" IDs solves the issue.

Let me know your results, please.

Kind Regards,

Otto

November 28, 2017 at 9:47 am #1443224

yaronK-3

hi Otto,
thank for the explanation,
i have followed your example and added the Hebrew ID's for Yom Tov Cafe listing (hidden link) i took as an example.
from some reason i can see only one image, which is the last one (ID: 9121)
this is what i see on my end: hidden link
please assist
thanks,
Yaron

November 28, 2017 at 12:39 pm #1443494

Otto
Supporter

Hello,

Thanks.

I would like to replicate your site locally. For this, I’ll need to temporarily install a plugin called “Duplicator” on your site. This will allow me to create a copy of your site and your content. Once the problem is resolved I will delete the local site. Let me know if this is ok with you.

Kind Regards,

Otto

November 28, 2017 at 6:55 pm #1444099

yaronK-3

yes, Otto, no problem, i am familiar with the plugin.
I have more issues so once you duplicate we can address more tickets i'm about to open.
regards,
Yaron

November 28, 2017 at 7:13 pm #1444114

Otto
Supporter

Hello Yaron,

I am having issues trying to install Duplicator on your site.

Can you provide me with a copy of the DB and the wp-content folder, excluding "uploads"? With that, I will be able to reproduce your site locally for further testing.

You probably need to use DropBox, Google Drive, or similar services, as the files will be quite big. I am enabling private message for your next reply so that you can send the download link.

Once the problem is resolved I will delete the local site.

Thanks for your cooperation.

Kind Regards,

Otto

November 30, 2017 at 11:03 am
November 30, 2017 at 2:45 pm #1446018

Otto
Supporter

Hello Yaron,

When I access via FTP I just see an empty folder. Can you please check the permissions of the user you've created for me?

Also, if you can just provide me with the theme and the needed plugins to reproduce the issue from scratch that will help.

I'll set next reply as private, so you can share a download link safely.

Once the issue is solved I'll delete the files.

Thanks!

Kind Regards,

Otto

November 30, 2017 at 6:58 pm

The topic ‘[Closed] listing Gallery is not showing’ is closed to new replies.