This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem: I don't know how to translate the listings

Solution: Go to WPML > Translation Management > Multilingual content setup > Custom posts and set the Listings to "Translate". Check the screenshot attached.

Then, you should be able to translate the Listings CPT as any post or page.

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by sylvainG-5 1 year, 9 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Otto.

Author Posts
November 15, 2017 at 7:28 am #1430905

yaronK-3

Hello,
i can find the listing pro (hidden link) theme in your supported themes.
can you take a look verify that WPML translation will work correctly?
thanks,
Yaron

November 16, 2017 at 12:03 pm #1432575

yaronK-3

Hello,
i cant seem to translate the listing widget in this theme, can you take a look pls?
thanks,
Yaron

November 16, 2017 at 12:43 pm #1432649

Otto
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: America/Argentina/Buenos_Aires (GMT-03:00)

Hello Yaron,

Please apologize for the delay in answering. This is not usual in this forum. I'll take care of your ticket and reply time will be shorter from now.

For being of better help, can you please provide your WPML Debug information in the debug field below? http://wpml.org/faq/provide-debug-information-faster-support/

Can you please take a look at this documentation:
https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/translating-widgets/

If this does not help, if this does not help, can you please elaborate a little more so I can better understand the issue? You can't translate the strings of the widget or it is not retrieving the listings in the right language?

Also, if you wish, I can take a look at your site.

You will find the needed fields to share credentials below the comment area when you log in to leave your next reply. The information you will enter is private which means only you and I can see and have access to it.

Maybe I'll need to replicate your site locally. For this, I’ll need to temporarily install a plugin called “Duplicator” on your site. This will allow me to create a copy of your site and your content. Once the problem is resolved I will delete the local site. Let me know if this is ok with you.

** IMPORTANT **

- Please make a backup of site files and database before providing us access.

- If you do not see the wp-admin/FTP fields this means your post & website login details will be made PUBLIC. DO NOT post your website details unless you see the required wp-admin/FTP fields. If you do not, please ask me to enable the private box. The private box looks like this:

hidden link

Kind Regards,

Otto

November 16, 2017 at 1:54 pm #1432750

Otto
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: America/Argentina/Buenos_Aires (GMT-03:00)

Hi Yaron,

Thanks for the explanation and for granting me access to your site.

Please go to WPML > Translation Management > Multilingual content setup > Custom posts and set the Listings to "Translate". Check the screenshot attached.

Then, you should be able to translate the Listings CPT as any post or page.

Let me know if this helped, please.

Kind Regards,

Otto

November 16, 2017 at 2:59 pm #1432871

yaronK-3

thank you very much!
it worked, i'm doing some tests to see if there are other issues like locations, categories and features which i have set for on translation mode as well.
cheers,
Yaron

September 27, 2018 at 4:29 pm #2771224

sylvainG-5

Does any one know how can I translate in multi language the Submit-Listing options (Add your Listing, Tips, Category, Monday, Tuesday, etc…) in multi languages. I cannot see any option of WPML there !?! Thanks