Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 2.44 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

Tagged: 

This topic contains 10 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Osama Mersal 1 month, 3 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Osama Mersal.

Author Posts
April 17, 2021 at 5:57 pm #8562081

angelaM

Tell us what you are trying to do?
hidden link

We want all users to see the updated open hours on index ENG open hours.

We have such weird local cache issues with the so important WPGMaps markers list on stikkinikki.com. Open hours show closed today in ENG on some users devices, my phone’s Safari for example. It’s correct on my computer's Safari, so it seems like a local cache issue to me. The problem remains even if I delete the cache and/or turn off the cache plugin.

I’ve also tried the “Prevent browser cache” plugin. Problem not solved.

The dev of the WPGMaps plugin said earlier regarding another problem:
"There are no known incompatibilites with our plugin and WPML, if your theme developer needs to add filters to prevent WPML interfering with REST URL's, we would recommend that they only remove the REST URL filters that pertain to WPML instead of removing all filters on that action, as this may effect the way our plugin, and other plugins, interact with the REST API."

I would so appreciate your input because I need to help my client with this very important issue that makes no sense. <3

Angela

IMG_5070.PNG
IMG_5071.PNG
April 18, 2021 at 1:01 pm #8564713

Osama Mersal
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Arabic (العربية )

Timezone: Africa/Cairo (GMT+02:00)

Hi Angela,

Thanks for contacting WPML forums support. I’ll be glad to help you today.

1) Could you please let me know if this issue happens in the translated or the default language?

If you deactivated WPML, will the issue persist?

2) According to your debug.info, it seems that you are using outdated versions of WPML. Could you please update WPML first before start debugging the issue? You could find the latest versions here. (https://wpml.org/account/downloads/)

Thanks for your cooperation

Regards,
Osama

April 19, 2021 at 2:05 pm #8573219

angelaM

Hi!

1. It happened in the default language, ENG.
2. Yes.
3. Updated now.

If it's not WPML causing this, where would you start digging? The theme?

<3

April 19, 2021 at 2:17 pm #8573373

Osama Mersal
Supporter

Hi Angela,

It could be Server Cache, CDN if you use any, and WPML Cache. If it were WPML Cache, it wouldn't happen on the default language, but to be sure, kindly follow the following steps.

1- Go to WPML-> Support-> Troubleshooting page
2- Click on Disable language switcher cache button
3- Click on the Clear WPML cache button

❌ Please, take a full backup of your site before doing this. ❌

I hope this helps you. If you need further info, please let me know.

Best regards,
Osama

April 19, 2021 at 2:29 pm #8573451

angelaM

Hi!

Thanx, I did 1-3 but the problem persists. I don't understand where to start digging. The problem is still present if I turn off the cache plugin.

April 19, 2021 at 2:32 pm #8573525

Osama Mersal
Supporter

Hi,

1- Could you please check if your server has any kind of cache?

2- Do you use CDN?

Regards,
Osama

April 22, 2021 at 1:58 pm #8601467

angelaM

Hi! I checked now. It's so weird.

1. No
2. No

I did make a CSS change in font size. The incorrect CLOSED TODAY text got smaller but it still shows the wrong content, as it should say open 11-19 or whatever.

April 22, 2021 at 2:24 pm #8601849

Osama Mersal
Supporter

Hi,

I would need to take a closer look at your site. So I would need to request temporary access (WP-Admin and FTP)
– preferably to a test site where the problem has been replicated if possible –
in order to be of better help and check if some configurations might need to be changed

Your next answer will be private, which means only you and I have access to it.

❌ Please backup your database and website ❌

✙ I would additionally need your permission to de-activate and re-activate Plugins and the Theme and to change configurations on the site if needed. This is also a reason the backup is critical.

Thanks for your cooperation

Regards,
Osama

April 22, 2021 at 4:04 pm #8603165

Osama Mersal
Supporter

Hi,

1) Thanks for the access details. I've checked the pages from the PC and Mobile, and I had the same results. (Kindly check the attached screenshot 1,2)

2) I've checked the home page in the dashboard and found that the translation needs to be updated. (Kindly check the attached screenshot 3)

3) I don't see any issues between the maps plugin and WPML because you use 2 shortcodes for the languages; hence these maps are not translatable. However, you could always go to the WPML-> Support-> Troubleshooting page and clear the WPML cache.

4) The issue could be happening because of the maps plugin, so I have a suggestion. Why don't you use the map plugin to show the map and routes and create a text section below it to explain the shops' times?

Regards,
Osama

3.jpg
2.jpg
1.jpg
April 22, 2021 at 4:19 pm #8603559

angelaM

Hi!

1. Yeah, like I wrote, this problem does not exist on all devices. You probably have to have been a visitor before in order to get the bad local cache. On my iPhone for example, I've visited the site in Safari before. The EN version is bad but not the Swedish (even though I have visited both before). I have not visited the site in Chrome on my phone before and all open hours are correct there.

2. For client to be able to update hours herself, we have different maps in for the different languages instead of translations. We have a Swedish map on the Swedish page and an English map on the English page. So it's not a translation issue of content. The problem is that the English page doesn't update on all devices.

3. Yes, we use two different shortcodes. I have cleared the WPML cache on the troubleshoot page.

4. We want the addresses to be clickable to the location in the map, so that's not a great workaround.

April 22, 2021 at 4:29 pm #8603681

Osama Mersal
Supporter

Hi,

Could you please try to try the following?
1- Check the English page (Default Language) from your phone (Safari)
2- Deactivate WPML, clear the cache of your site and browser
3- Visit the page again and check

If the page opened correctly, activate WPML and visit the page to check if everything appears correctly.

If the page didn't open correctly with WPML deactivated, then the issue isn't with WPML.

Kindly let me know how this test will go.

Thanks,
Osama

The topic ‘[Closed] Local browser cache does not update with website updated content (open housr)’ is closed to new replies.