This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by jannekeW 2 years, 4 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Bobby.

Author Posts
February 15, 2018 at 2:38 pm #1519100

jannekeW

I'm using WPML no for a while and I'm very happy about it. Now I saw that the person who started the website also installed Loco Translate. Can I safely delete Loco Translate or will it break my website?

February 17, 2018 at 12:55 am #1520794

Bobby
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Los_Angeles (GMT-07:00)

Hello There,

As long as there are no translations done with Loco Translate i see no issues with deactivating/deleting it.

I suggest to deactivate and see how your site reacts then if no issues go ahead and delete it as it is not needed with WPML.

NOTE : Always perform a backup of your site before making any major changes.

February 18, 2018 at 9:23 am #1521201

jannekeW

Hi Bobby,
Thanks for your reply. I've deactivated the plugin and nothing happened, so I will delete it.

February 19, 2018 at 3:27 pm #1522411

jannekeW

Hi Bobby, I did found an issue due to removing loco translate....at the end of the pages the page numbers are gone, it says • 1 • 2 and • → now. I already tried it it in the string translation, but no way to "translate" this. Do yo know a way to change this? And I also have 2 other sentences that aren't in the string translation. I also tried localize them in the plugins, but with no result....