Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Author Posts
February 17, 2021 at 4:59 pm #8109493

Robert

Hi Bigul, is it also an expected result that:
1. I always have to log in twice in WordPress, when opening Elementor via an English page;
2. That Elementor is always running in Safe mode then?

I tried to fix this. As with Siteground, the hosting was connected with the former main .CO.UK TLD (www.magic-sim.co.uk).

So I made a new hosting with the new main .NL TLD (www.magic-sim.nl). Also moved the TLD's & the Nameservers of the other TLD's to this location.

Because I did not want to remove yet the latter hosting with .CO.UK (www.magic-sim.co.uk), I used here a different TLD for the English language .UK (www.magic-sim.uk ... without the .CO).

I made already a hard-copy (2 files) back-up of the .NL TLD (www.magic-sim.nl).

As I assume you make the login info invisible for other users, here is the login information (it is actually the same as for the .CO.UK (www.magic-sim.co.uk Website):

Thanks for your team looking into it.

Kind regards, Ivar

February 17, 2021 at 5:03 pm #8109549

Bigul
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hi Ivar,

Welcome to the WPML support forum. I will do my best to help you to resolve the issue.

Please note, do not share the credentials in the open thread. It may harm your site. So I have marked your last reply as private.

Have you changed the password now? Please fill the private details fields after a full site backup. I would like to access the admin area of your site for further checking.

Please refer to the following links for more details about our private information sharing policies.

https://wpml.org/purchase/support-policy/privacy-and-security-when-providing-debug-information-for-support/

hidden link

--
Thanks!

Bigul

February 18, 2021 at 1:27 pm #8118861

Bigul
Supporter

Hi Ivar,

Thank you for the updates. This happening because of the Multiple Domains settings. For example, we are editing the English Post/Page in the frontend, so the URL will be in another domain and sessions will lose. I am getting the expected result after the following steps.

1) Visit WPML>>Languages>>Language URL format
2) Enable **Auto sign-in and sign-out users from all domains** option of **Language URL format** section
3) Save the settings
4) Visit Settings>>Permalinks
5) Resave the settings

Refer to the attached images for more details and let me know your feedback.

--
Thanks!

Bigul

2021-02-18_18-15-14.png
2021-02-18_18-12-36.png
February 23, 2021 at 7:26 pm #8157071
Robert

Hi Bigul,

Thanks, that solved the need to login ... but it keeps doing strange (or expected???) things:

1. Editing the original page with Elementor, thus in English, I go to the English TLD. Without login in. See your last advise. That's good. But when I do other things in the back-end, the TLD stays English, doesn't go back to the Dutch TLD. Is this also an 'expected' result and so no problem (in future)?

2. When browsing trough the Dutch TLD website (www.magic-sim.nl), on various pages I still get the former Dutch TLD (www.magicsim.be) as root-URL. Although I used the abbreviated URL's on the English pages and also in the Dutch translations.

The translation is like:
but he translation to Dutch is like /klantenservice/verzending/

Still website shows:
hidden link (the former Dutch TLD in the root).

3. Most important. WPML/Taxonomy Translations --> all productcategories.
Before Dutch was a language of the original English language. Now Dutch has ALSO become an original language. Next to English as original language. So now, in this WPML menu the lines with categories have doubled. This doesn't make sense, now for the same category I have 2 in WPML/Taxonomy Translations

4. So how are the other parts of WPML, like string translations, images and I don't know what more WMPL contains, that I cannot foresee right now. Also double original languages popping up there? How to solve that? What unexpected (expected???) results are popping up when developing the website?

Yes, I just made a back-up again & Yes, give you & your colleagues permission to login in the website.

February 24, 2021 at 2:59 pm #8164623

Bigul
Supporter

Hi Ivar,

Thank you for the updates. I will go through these issues in detail and get back to you soon. Please wait.

--
Thanks!

Bigul

February 25, 2021 at 2:35 pm #8173421

Bigul
Supporter

Hi Ivar,

Issue one is an expected result. Because we when are editing/viewing a Post or Page in the frontend we will be switching between the languages(domains in this case). But we can access both domains without losing the login session when the following option is active. Please check this screencast URL for more details - hidden link

Gebruikers van alle domeinen automatisch in- en uitloggen - https://wpml.org/wp-content/uploads/2021/02/8118861-2021_02_18_18_15_14.png

Please note, I have created new tickets for the other issues. Because as per our support policies, we can only handle one issue per ticket. It will help us to serve you better and we can avoid discussing multiple problems in one ticket. Also, it will help other users with similar problems find solutions when searching the forum. I will get back to you soon on the latest ticket. Please wait. Thank you for your understanding.

--
Thanks!

Bigul

February 26, 2021 at 5:31 pm #8183337

Robert

5. Regarding the Parmalinks you wrote:
It is an expected result because the Permalink strings are registered in English. But we can change the language of the strings from the WPML String Translation page. Refer to this documentation for more details - https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/string-translation/how-to-change-the-source-language-of-strings/

Kinda confusing, as you explained that the source will stay in English. And here you explain it is possible to change the source into another language. So, why would I do that?

In the current permalinks in .NL I see 4 British flags. Assume this is ok, as the source will remain English.

February 27, 2021 at 2:34 pm #8187157

Bigul
Supporter

Hi Ivar,

Thank you for the updates. Please note, after swapping the default language the source/original language of the Posts, Taxonomy Terms, and Strings will not change. It will be always in the original language it has created.

But it is possible to change the original/source language of existing Posts, Taxonomy Terms, and strings manually one by one. In case if it is required.

I hope it is clear for you now. Please let me know your feedback.

--
Thanks!

Bigul

March 2, 2021 at 10:50 pm #8212205

Robert

Yes, that would make the Default swap rock-solid. But this is not the case.

"WPML/Taxonomy Translations --> all product categories" is changed by the Default language swap. The new Default language became here also a source/original language. Now having 2 source/original languages and double the amount of product-categories.

As stated in the other thread, the back-up website - before the swap - shows that the product-categories of the Secundary languages are connected to the source/original language. The current website (after the Default swap) give 2 source/original products-categories of the same category.

This is the thread about this subject:
https://wpml.org/forums/topic/product-categories-duplication/

March 3, 2021 at 10:14 am #8215051

Bigul
Supporter

Hi Ivar,

Thank you for your updates. Please note, I have replied to you on the following original ticket now. Please visit it and let me know your feedback there. It will help us to avoid discussing multiple issues in a single ticket. Thank you for your understanding.

https://wpml.org/forums/topic/product-categories-duplication/

--
Thanks!

Bigul