Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Tagged: 

This topic contains 14 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Yvette 1 year, 9 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Yvette.

Author Posts
March 18, 2020 at 10:25 am #5709589

draganK-2

Hi, I'm having a problem with Login and Logout redirect on my multilingual website. I am using a Learndash plugin and on their widget when I go to login to enroll it takes me to another language with specific URL hidden link, which only temporary takes me to another language until I insert my login parameters and then takes me back to the languuage I wanted and was previously on. This is a problem because users could in that moment click on any menu item and end up on the wrong language. How could I solve this? I'm having the same problem with logout, if I'm on one language for example serbian if I logout it redirects me to the bosnian laguage which is a default language.

March 18, 2020 at 4:13 pm #5712843

Yvette
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/Paris (GMT+01:00)

Hello

I´m not sure I fully understand. where are these redirects being generated from?
Are the redirects intentional?

Thanks for clarifying.

If possible please upload a screencast that shows the issue that you are describing.

March 20, 2020 at 9:41 am #5726607

draganK-2

Hi, I'm sorry for not describing it well. I made a video in loom and I hope I explained the issue better. In the video I'm describing the first problem which is learndash widget login to enroll button that is not working properly. I'm sending you a link of the video.
hidden link

Kind Regards,
Nadja

March 20, 2020 at 10:49 am #5727233

Yvette
Supporter

OK - that was much clearer.

1. Are you adding these redirect URL parameters yourself (e.g. configuration of programtically) or is the redirection being generated by the widgets/plugins?

2. Do you have the AJAX language cookie enabled here:
WPML > Langauges > Language filtering for AJAX operations

3. Can I take a look at this on your site?
Temporary Access to your system
Please provide access to your system (wp-admin and ftp) so that I can further investigate this particular problem. The fields to provide this data are included in a private section that I will open for your next response. You can find it above the comments area. The information in this private section is only visible between WPML Support and you.

March 23, 2020 at 2:33 pm #5742531

Yvette
Supporter

Hello

This looks like a compatibility issue. The part of the screen where the button for logging in is being generated by the LearnDash plugin as you said, so we would need to escalate this to our compatibility team for more investigation and to give you a possible workaround.

Could you please upload your version of LearnDash (only the plugin) and recreate this issue on the following sandbox site?
hidden link

Once this is done, please let me know and I can then escalate this to our 2nd tier support team.

Thanks

March 24, 2020 at 8:30 am #5748527

draganK-2

Hi,

I installed and activated the Learndash plugin on the sandbox site. I also created a test course and put it in the main menu so you could get to the login to enroll part.
Let me know if there is anything else you need.

Thank you very much for you help.
Kind regards,

March 24, 2020 at 5:06 pm #5753081

Yvette
Supporter

Hmm-

I am unable to get the behaviour to replicate on the sandbox site. Could you try it out yourself?

When I visit this link in an incognito window:
hidden link

and select the registration button with the following credentials, I am redirected to a HU environment.

user: stud1
Password: XDDhE)b3tmRaFtSkXB2ivDUb

Is there some configuration missing to replicate the error?

Here is the screencast: hidden link

March 24, 2020 at 6:10 pm #5753595

draganK-2

It could be because of the User registration plugin that I am using, that is set to be the place for login instead of the default wordpress login? Maybe that's causing the issue, but the strange thing is that it only happens when I try to login through the learndash widget.

March 24, 2020 at 6:21 pm #5753655

draganK-2

Yes, it's deffenitely the user registration plugin that I'm using. There is a setting to prevent core login, which is turned on, and also Redirect to Login Page which doesn't work properly when I switch languages the page I pick out is lost. Do you want me to recreate it on the sandbox site? What should I do? Is there any way this setting could be translated for other languages?

March 25, 2020 at 10:23 am #5759165

Yvette
Supporter

Yes please do recreate this on the sandbox site and upload screenshots of where you configure the settings.

So, our focus is now on this other plugin and not on LearnDash registration I understand.
Please let me know when the example is completed.

March 25, 2020 at 1:32 pm #5760917

draganK-2

I installed the plugin and set it up, but I can no longer access the wordpress dashboard, so I could send you the screenshots. You can see the settings in user registration - settings - login options.

March 25, 2020 at 4:36 pm #5762735

Yvette
Supporter

Thank you so much for your collaboration. I´ve transferred this to our compatibility team.

March 27, 2020 at 4:36 pm #5781387

draganK-2

Hello Yvette, how are you?

Do you have any news about my issue? We have a deadline for this project and the clients are getting impatient, so we would appreciate all the help we can get.

Kind regards.

March 29, 2020 at 3:23 pm #5789237

draganK-2

Hi,

Just to let you know, another problem occurred on my site. On the my account page hidden link the tab "edit profile" has disappeared and now the users can not edit their profile details. I don't know what happened. I'm afraid it has something to do with the admin texts that I tried to translate. Could you help me with this also?

Kind regards.

March 30, 2020 at 8:30 am #5792021

Yvette
Supporter

Yes, I do have news for you but it may not be what you would like to hear.

They have looked into your case and here is what they write:

"...The compabitility conflict makes sense: without the registration plugin, LearDash redirects to wp-login, with a redirection parameter (correctly set by language).

But, as you noted, the User Registration plugins sees that someone is going to wp-login (not taking into account the redirection), and that WordPress login page has no langauge so it redirects to the default language.

We can confirm that, out of the box, the desired redirect won't work. Probably, with some custom code it can be doable but this will have to be pursued with a WPML contractor.

Trying to find more information about how this works we found this documentation:
hidden link

Apparently, there is no need for the extra redirect plugin since a native solution is provided. Please inform the client about this option...."

In summary, since there is a native solution for you to pursue, we are unable to dedicate resources to attempting to make this edge case work. So please contact LearnDash for more support on getting the custom login-registration to work or contact a WPML contractor if you feel you must use the additional UserRegistration plugin.
https://wpml.org/contractors/