This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Marcos Vinicios Barreto 2 months, 4 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Marcos Vinicios Barreto.

Author Posts
July 17, 2019 at 6:27 pm

assafD

I am trying to: Translate the logo in Bulgarian and English as the Bulgarian is the main language. IT was working before but from a couple of days it shows only the English logo does not matter which language I am using. If I try to change the primary logo of the theme with something else it again overwrite it with the English logo.
The logo is translated in WPML String Translation as you advice me before.

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: hidden link

I expected to see: The Bulgarian logo

Instead, I got: The English logo

July 17, 2019 at 6:53 pm #4233031

Marcos Vinicios Barreto
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: America/Bahia (GMT-03:00)

Hello,

Thank you for contacting WPML Support. Please, try the following:

1 - Make sure you have your default language logo uploaded in your WordPress Dashboard > Appearance > Customize > Logo Settings. Currently you have your english logo uploaded as your default language logo, change it to your bulgarian logo instead.

2 - In your WordPress Dashboard > WPML > String Translations delete your current logo translations under the 'admin_texts_theme_mods_eduma-child' text domain.

3 - Register those deleted strings again from your WordPress Dashboard > String Translations > Translate texts in admin screens settings.

4 - Translate them again with the url of your english logo.

See:
https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/string-translation/
https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/translating-theme-options/

Please, let me know if it helps. Have a nice day.