This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Radu 6 months, 1 week ago.

Assigned support staff: Radu.

Author Posts
April 11, 2019 at 10:36 am #3586213

sophieB-7

Hello,
I'm facing an issue that I can not solve by myself, that's why I decided to open this ticket...

I'm using hueman pro with a child theme for this website hidden link

It's in three languages : french, english and russian. The main language is french. I use WPML for the translations.

I have three images for the logo, in each language.
I uploaded the three images and I associated the logo in english and the logo in russian as translation of the logo in french in WPML > Media translation
Then I went in WPML > String Translation, found 'custom_logo' string which had the id of the image in French, and put the ids of the logo in english and russian as translations.

It works, BUT, sometimes, on the french version of the website, the logo becomes the english or the russian logo.
I don't know when and how the logo changes... When I go to the Theme Customizer, I see that the logo changed... I have to change it manually to get the logo in french again...

Did you ever heard of such a problem and could you help me to solve it?

I would be grateful 🙂

Thank you
Sophie

April 11, 2019 at 11:36 am #3586793

Radu
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Bucharest (GMT+03:00)

Hey Sophie,

Thank you for reaching out the WPML support!

I have to admit that sounds strange. The WPML plugin doesn't make any change on the customizer. Once the logo is set in the customizer area, the WPML plugin is only translating it in all the other languages. Can you tell me if this logo option is a custom one or the default one from WordPress? If you're not sure about this, you can give me access to the dashboard area and I'll have a look at it.

Thanks,
Radu

April 11, 2019 at 12:57 pm #3587841

sophieB-7

Hello, I think it's a custom logo option from the hueman pro theme, because in the options table of the database, I found it registered in the theme_mods_hueman-noureev-child option (it's in a long serialized value).
I wanted to workaround putting directly the logo in the header code and testing the current language, but the code of the theme is to complex...
I think I should use the same log for the three languages...
Thank you

April 12, 2019 at 4:46 am #3594937

Radu
Supporter

Hey Sophie,

Using the same logo for all the languages might be a solution. If you want, you can give me access to the dashboard area so I can check things out and see if I can figure it out how the logo is added to the page and what might be causing this issue.

Thanks,
Radu

April 17, 2019 at 11:37 am #3630255

Radu
Supporter

Hey Sophie,

I checked your website a few times but I can see that you activated the maintenance mode so I can no longer check the logos from the other languages. Can you deactivate all the plugins that are not related to WPML and use a default theme (like Twenty Nineteen) to see if this problem is still there, please? You mentioned that you found that the logo is a part of the theme code so this might be the issue (as you suggested). We can make sure about this by doing the change I suggested (about the plugins and theme). I tried to replicate the issue on my side to see if the logo changes but everything works very well.

Thanks,
Radu

The topic ‘[Closed] logo in different languages’ is closed to new replies.