Please make sure to update to WPML 4.3.6 and check our list of Known Issues before reporting

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 9.67 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by bjornS-4 1 month, 2 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Mihai Apetrei.

Author Posts
November 28, 2019 at 6:04 pm

bjornS-4

Hi, I'm trying to have my header logo replaced by a German version. I used Media translation to add the translated logo to the orginal Dutch one. But it is still displaying the Dutch one....

November 29, 2019 at 1:03 pm #5043197

Mihai Apetrei
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Bucharest (GMT+02:00)

Hi and thank you for contacting WPML Support!

I will be happy to help you with this.

Thank you for the credentials - I can confirm that I was able to log into the backend.

Can you please help me understand better what you mean? Do you want to translate the logo so that when you are on a german page, you can see the logo in german (if yes, can you please let me know a german page link translation that I can test this with on your site)? Or you just want to change the actual logo image inside the default language to another image?

Please let me know.

Kind regards,
Mihai Apetrei

November 29, 2019 at 2:35 pm #5043949

bjornS-4

Hi Mihai,

thanks for your reply! I indeed mean that I want to translate the logo to a german version for the german version of the website. As displayed in image Schermafbeelding 2019-11-29 om 18.20.48.png, I added the german version there for the german language, but in the german language I still see the dutch version, as can bee seen at hidden link, but you need to be logged in to be able to see the german version. Hope it's clear what I mean. Many thanks for trying to help me out!
Best regards,
Bjorn

November 29, 2019 at 4:27 pm #5044857

Mihai Apetrei
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Bucharest (GMT+02:00)

Hi and thank you for the clarification.

I seems that the logo is added by the theme as an admin text.

I solved it this way:

1. Went to WPML > String Translation > Translate texts in admin screens (hidden link) > et_options > logo > url > I checked the box and scrolled down to the page and saved.

2. Now I went to WPML > String Translation > and filtered by Select strings within domain: admin_texts_et_options > then I used the translated-logo media link.

You can now see it working.

Please confirm if it looks ok on your side, too.

I will also attach some screenshots that might help a bit more on explaining what I did.

Kind regards,
Mihai

November 30, 2019 at 1:20 pm #5047253

bjornS-4

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!