This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by niels-jorgenH 11 months, 4 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Yvette.

Author Posts
October 16, 2018 at 1:22 pm #2821071

niels-jorgenH

Tell us what you are trying to do?
Our primary language is Danish. The logo link to our FrontPage in Danish which is ok.
In the English menu (ours second language) our logo links to machtech.dk/en, but there is no page with that adress, so it is redirected to the Danish mainpage. How can we fix that, so it links to the English manipage.
Is there any documentation that you are following?
yes, from your tutorial
Is there a similar example that we can see?
no
What is the link to your site?
hidden link

October 17, 2018 at 1:34 pm #2824750

Yvette
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/Madrid (GMT+02:00)

Hello

Clarification.

1. Your home URL for the english version of your site is currently: hidden link

Is this intentional? I would have thought you you would want it to be hidden link
Please let me know.

2. You wrote: "..In the English menu (ours second language) our logo links to machtech.dk/en, but there is no page with that adress, .."
The value is what I would expect but I suppose you could change the logo link to be " hidden link" if needed.

3. Technical Information on you environment
Could you please provide information about your environment by following thsese steps: http://wpml.org/faq/provide-debug-information-faster-support/

4. Temporary Access to your system
Please provide access to your system (wp-admin and ftp) so that I can further investigate this particular problem. The fields to provide this data are included in a private section that I will open for your next response. You can find it above the comments area. The information in this private section is only visible between WPML Support and you.

Thanks

October 18, 2018 at 7:55 am #2827065

niels-jorgenH

Hi
1)The url "hidden link" is okay for us to have for the English version. I just don´t know how to connect that url to the page "about-us". How do I define that "about-us" is the FrontPage/Home of the English site? We are doing translation manually, since there is big difference between the sites.
2) but If I change the logo link to be " hidden link", then it will also change the Danish logo link, Right? They should be different.
3) Provided
4) Sorry dont have FTP. I can make a temp user for you, if we can´t solve it.

October 18, 2018 at 11:15 am #2827749

Yvette
Supporter

I need to take a look on your wp site to answer the questions faithfully.

Can you please provide a login userid/pwd for wp-admin with admin priveleges? I am opening the private area for this.

Thx

October 19, 2018 at 10:16 am #2831535

Yvette
Supporter

Hello

I was surprised to find that none of your pages were linked as trnslations of each other. I then set page "About us" as the translation of "On OS"

This was set as your front page.

I then noticed that you had defined a custom link for the language switcher (?) and as this is now longer necessary - you should remove it.

You should link our pages as translations of each other for the system to work as it is intended. The language switcher will only appear if there is a recognised "translation" of the active page.

October 19, 2018 at 10:24 am #2831564

niels-jorgenH

HI

ok THE MACHTECH page should still be front page on the Danish site. How do we set that as a front page? OK I changed it back. The custom link is because not all pages are translated and we have to different FrontPages.

October 19, 2018 at 3:37 pm #2832599

Yvette
Supporter

OK - then what you can do is to assoicate the MACHTECH page with the "About Us! page as translations. A translated page can have different content and layout if you want.

This would then associate the logo with the correct URL format in the home page for each language.

Just some suggestions - you can always "hide" a language until you have all the content translated. Alternatively, you can also duplciate all of your content to the other language so it shows the same thing in both languages.

I am not sure if this ticket is resolved or not now.....I wait for your feedback.

October 22, 2018 at 11:15 am #2837800

niels-jorgenH

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!