Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 22 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by stefanA-12 8 months, 3 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Andreas W..

Author Posts
November 8, 2019 at 8:02 am #4911239

stefanA-12

Hi Andreas,

I know this issue is a little bit annoying! 😉

But how I see now in your last explanation you are on the way to understand me. 🙂

You wrote following:

If I click "Dashboard" I get redirected to hidden link which brings me to the site backend.
Here for WPML still Spanish is selected, which is expected. The URL will not need the Spanish parameter in order for WPML to function. It actually behaves exactly the same on the test site.

Now when you are on the Spanish dashboard with the url hidden link, now please click on the logo Flat.Tips and you will see the page is changing from the Spanish language to English.

This is what I am speaking about, the page not should change now to the default language. You can follow me?

Reg., Stefan

November 8, 2019 at 6:05 pm #4915783

Andreas W.
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español ) German (Deutsch )

Timezone: America/Lima (GMT-05:00)

Hello,

I am sorry for not being able to follow you right away.

This indeed seems to be an issue between WPML and the theme and it needs revision by one of our developers. Could you please do me a last favor and simply recreate the login and listing pages, in order for escalating the test-site to our compatibility team?

One-Click Login: hidden link

Leave me a short notification once it is done, please.

Kind regards
Andreas

November 9, 2019 at 10:54 am #4917871

stefanA-12

Hi Andreas,

I know sometimes the things are tricky and good that you have a lot of patience. 🙂

I have recreated the website on the test server and now the compatibility team can simulate the issue.

Have a nice weekend,

Stefan

November 11, 2019 at 2:57 pm #4925937

Andreas W.
Supporter

Hello,

The issue has been escalated to our compatibility team.

I will be in contact as soon as I received feedback.

Thank you for your patience.

Kind regards
Andreas

November 22, 2019 at 11:10 pm #5002127

Andreas W.
Supporter

Hello,

Our compatibility team informed us that they are advising to inform each user/agent to set the admin language inside of the WP user profile which should solve backend redirect issues.

Furthermore, your request would include custom work which is not covered by our support policy. I would suggest you contact one of our contractors or submit a feature request.

Relative documentations:

https://wpml.org/purchase/support-policy/

https://wpml.org/contractors/

https://wpml.org/suggest-a-new-feature-for-wpml/

Kind regards
Andreas

November 23, 2019 at 8:57 am #5002991

stefanA-12

Hi Andreas,

in the user profile the language is choosed how the user want to use the user dashboard. So this help to work in the desired language, this function well. 🙂

But the issue with the logo which is changing to the default language, this cannot be changed with choosing of a language in the user profile. So this problem still exist. 🙁

My experience with custom code isn´t well. It can help for a moment but in the future it comes to upgrades, updates, new versions and possible from one moment the custom work not function after many changes and after a more longer time.

Better if a plugin developer integrates a code in the source code which will function without problems and this can help all users, not only me. So I not want to have a new future, only want to use my multilingual website without problems.

But thank you for all your help to this issue! 🙂

Kind regards,

Stefan

November 23, 2019 at 6:39 pm #5005049

Andreas W.
Supporter

Hello,

Thank you for your understanding.

Our compatibility developer explained that this issue requires customization of the WordPress backend logo (element in the left upper corner) and can not be achieved from our end.

We would kindly advise contacting one of our contractors, as those are experienced WordPress developers with WPML knowledge who will be able to achieve this custom work for you.

Kind regards
Andreas

November 24, 2019 at 8:53 am #5005987

stefanA-12

My issue is not resolved after a long period to try that with WMPL. Thank you!