This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:

When we switch to a secondary language and press the website's logo are added "%2f" after the string "?lang=en" in URL.

Solution:

Change URL structure to "language in directories at WPML -> Languages. Then save permalinks.

Relevant Documentation: https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/language-setup/language-url-options/

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by Paco 1 year, 4 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Andreas W..

Author Posts
February 26, 2019 at 8:53 am

davideG-20

Hi,
how shows in the ticket object's we have a problem with a translation option.
When we switch to a secondary language and press the website's logo are added "%2f" after the string "?lang=en" in URL.
We found other tickets with the same problem but we are not able to solve alone.
In the future we will implement additional languages, we need to wait for solve problem?
Could you please help us?

Thanks

Davide Medici

February 26, 2019 at 10:27 am #3244133

Andreas W.
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español ) German (Deutsch )

Timezone: America/Lima (GMT-05:00)

Hello,

Thank you for contacting WPML Support.

You current URL language structure was set to language in parameters. I am not sure what is causing the issue but I would like you to take note that setting is mostly for development purpose.

For your production website I would highly advise to chose a different URL structure, as this also will bring you more benefits when it comes to Google ratings and SEO in general.

I have changed now the setting at WPML -> Languages -> Site URL structure to "Languages in directories"". The error disappeared and the logo on the English site is now sending you to the English homepage.

Unrelated to your reported issue, I further wanted to point out, that I realized an error on the JavaScript console that is related to the plugin Ninja Popups. There is missing a ";" at the end of code line number 4 in the file
hidden link.
You might wish to contact the plugin authors in case you experience any issues with the plugin.

Please let me know if you need any further assistance.

Kind regards
Andreas

February 26, 2019 at 10:53 am #3244269

davideG-20

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

June 28, 2019 at 10:07 am #4106403

Paco

Thanks! My issue too is resolved now.