This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Bobby 2 months, 3 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Bobby.

Author Posts
July 19, 2019 at 7:28 pm #4247957

domenicoM-11

Basically the problem is that surfing the site in Spanish for example, clicking on the logo, brings me back to the home of the default language and not to the current language.
I have found numerous solutions, but none for me, since the theme I am using does not function " a href="? php echo site_url(); ? >">">? php"
at least I didn’t find it.

The strange thing is that the problem only occurs on desktops and not on mobile and tablets. In addition if I from the backend of editing the page for example "English" I go on "site visit" at the top, the link that indicates me is the correct one! while I then turn on the site click on the logo, redirects me to the home of the default language.

I attach a screen of my header.php and site in general, thank you for your time and hope we can fix it 🙂

July 19, 2019 at 8:50 pm #4248143

Bobby
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Los_Angeles (GMT-07:00)

Hi There,

how are you currently adding your logo to your header? are you doing this with hardcoded code or through your theme options ?

what are your results if you look for the logo within your WPML->String Translation dashboard ?

July 20, 2019 at 8:46 am #4249389

domenicoM-11

Hello! and thanks for your answer,

The logo has been inserted through theme options, and frankly I can’t even find the section that you indicate to me in WPML, is one of these?

July 22, 2019 at 4:50 pm #4260037

Bobby
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Los_Angeles (GMT-07:00)

Hi There,

That is most likely because WPML String Translation Add-on is not installed on your site yet.

please find it here https://wpml.org/downloads/

also if possible update your WPML version to it latest version.

you can see a similar issue to yours here and how it was resolved using the String Translation add-on plugin

https://wpml.org/forums/topic/cant-translate-logo-and-header/#post-3188934

let me know your results please

The topic ‘[Closed] Logo redirect me to the default language homepage’ is closed to new replies.