This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem: I am trying to translate the logo.

Solution: Please try the following steps after taking a backup and let me know how it goes:

1- Go to WPML >> Strings Translation 2- Click the link 'Translate texts in admin screens »' (you'll find it at the bottom of the page) 3) Look for an option similar to "theme_mod", or something like that. Here you should find all strings associated with your theme options. 4) Check the checkbox for your strings of interest. 5) Click on the button "Apply"(at the bottom of the page) 6) Now, all your selected strings should appear in the String Translation panel and you can translate those strings.

Relevant Documentation: https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/translating-theme-options/

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by kristine-lindbjergH 11 months, 4 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Noman.

Author Posts
October 22, 2018 at 11:28 pm #2840038

kristine-lindbjergH

I'm trying to get the logo translated.

Original language is UK and translation is DK: hidden link

I have installed WPML media and added a DK version of the logo (hidden link)

I cant find the logo via string search and suspect the problem is because the string is not added via XML, but im not strong in the XML , so I was hoping that you could help me.

October 23, 2018 at 1:33 pm #2842640

Noman
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi,

Thank you for contacting WPML Support. Could you please try the following steps after taking a backup and let me know how it goes:

1- Go to WPML >> Strings Translation
2- Click the link 'Translate texts in admin screens »' (you'll find it at the bottom of the page)
3) Look for an option similar to "theme_mod", or something like that. Here you should find all strings associated with your theme options.
4) Check the checkbox for your strings of interest.
5) Click on the button "Apply"(at the bottom of the page)
6) Now, all your selected strings should appear in the String Translation panel and you can translate those strings

Here is doc for more details:
https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/translating-theme-options/

If still issue persists, please provide temporary access (WP-Admin and FTP Login info) to your site (preferably staging site), so that I can look into your setup and debug the issue.

Your next answer will be private which means only you and I have access to it.

=== Please backup your database and website ===

✙ I would additionally need your permission to de-activate and re-activate Plugins and the Theme, and to change configurations on the site. This is also a reason the backup is really important.

Thank you