Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Diego Pereira 2 years, 7 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Diego Pereira.

Author Posts
December 12, 2018 at 1:59 pm #2993715

andreL-14

I am trying to: Translate the logo in DE, EN, FR and SK

Link to a page where the issue can be seen:
hidden link

I know the media translation is not the right way to translate the logo. I checked this page: https://wpml.org/forums/topic/no-logo-on-english-side/#post-1936643
Here is explain my problem. I follow the steps from Noman´s post from May 2, 2:57 PM

But i can not find step 4
"And checked logo ‘transparent-header-logo’, ‘ast-header-retina-logo’ checkboxes as in attached screenshot"

Can you explain a solution for translating the logo?

Thank you very much.

December 12, 2018 at 5:49 pm #2994609

Diego Pereira
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: America/Sao_Paulo (GMT-03:00)

Hi there,

I have found the "ast-header-retina-logo" and "custom-logo" options. I added the following XML code to WPML > Settings > Cuscom XML Configuration in order to register the strings:

<wpml-config>
	<admin-texts>
    <key name="astra-settings">
      <key name="ast-header-retina-logo"/>
      <key name="custom_logo"/>
    </key>
  </admin-texts>
</wpml-config>

Now the strings should be availalbe on the string translator.

I have not found the "transparent-header-logo" option (probably it's odes not exist on your website).

Kind regards,
Diego

December 13, 2018 at 10:01 am #2997043

andreL-14

Thank you for your work. But my problem is not fixed. I enter the urls in the string "ast-header-retina-logo". See attached img. On a retina screen, it works fine. On a normal screen, i see in all languages the main logo. Where can i input the img urls for normal screens?

Best regards

Bildschirmfoto 2018-12-13 um 10.53.53.png
December 13, 2018 at 3:30 pm #2998453

Diego Pereira
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: America/Sao_Paulo (GMT-03:00)

Hi there,

I found the setting related to the logo (on non-retina devices) and registered it. Now the string is available in the string translator (see screenshot).

Please translate the string, check the "Translation is complete" field and save. Please note that you should translate it with the ID of the translated logo image (not the URL).

Kind regards,
Diego

s4.png