This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Mihai Apetrei 1 year ago.

Assigned support staff: Mihai Apetrei.

Author Posts
October 2, 2018 at 1:40 pm

markusB-35

I am trying to:
I try to translate the Logo png file to another png in the english version. But none of my strings work. I tried to search the string with the image link but nothing is found. I found a lot of Logo strings but none of them with a link or ID of my png.

Link to a page where the issue can be seen:
hidden link
There should be a Logo for the german language and when you change it to english the logo should be the english one.

October 2, 2018 at 2:29 pm #2781871

Mihai Apetrei
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Bucharest (GMT+03:00)

Hi and thank you for contacting WPML Support!

I will be happy to help you with this.

Please follow these steps:
- Go under "WPML -> Theme and plugins localization".
- Under the "Localization options" section, make sure that the "Translate the theme and plugins using WPML's String Translation and load .mo files as backup" option is active.
- Scroll down to the "Strings in the theme" section, select your theme and click on the blue "Scan the theme for strings" button.
- Once you followed the above steps go again under "WPML -> String Translation" and search for the logo.

Now you should be able to find all the strings that come with the theme you are using.

Here is some very helpful documentation, too:
https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/string-translation/

Please let me know if you managed to find the logo or if you still need help.